Apex Legend crashing to desktop

by Day-Deploy

Original Post

Apex Legend crashing to desktop

★★ Novice

I Have been playing apex recently and my game has been freezing and crashing to desktop within 2 seconds. At one point I crashed almost 10 times in a span of 2-3 hours. Its just apex thats behaving this way. I tried just about everything I checked game files, I reinstalled Graphics drivers after DDU but it still keeps on happening. After getting fed up I reinstalled windows it worked for a day or so and then started crashing again. The game doesn't create a crash log for me so I have no way of finding out the issue. 

Message 1 of 9 (460 Views)

Re: Apex Legend crashing to desktop

Community Manager

Hey @Day-Deploy,

Are you able to pull up a DxDiag file and attach that in a reply? That would give us a bit more information about what may be causing this to happen so often.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 9 (430 Views)

Community Manager
@Day-Deploy Is anything else running when your playing apex?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 9 (429 Views)

★★ Novice

The file that was requested

Message 4 of 9 (422 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Not that I'm aware of maybe before the windows reinstall there could have been things running in the background but after the reinstall I don't think so
Message 5 of 9 (417 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks @Day-Deploy!

I'm seeing some pre-leak errors potentially indicating some memory issues, as well as some Windows service errors. 

One quick thing to try would be lowering your streaming textures through the in-game menu to see if that makes a difference.

After that though, I'd definitely suggest running the System File Checker tool and making sure you don't have any other Windows updates available following that reinstall.

Mako.png
Message 6 of 9 (409 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mako Lowering streaming textures did next to nothing as im already on low i checked there are no windows update available and i ran sfc to no success
Message 7 of 9 (352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I was facing the same problem of few days ago. My apex used to crash without any reason. I checked internet for its solution and luckily found one solution. I disabled Your PC's Full-Screen Optimization Mode. And the problem was fixed. You can try this method. And if this doesn't work then you can read this article on apex crashing. This article gave me the solution. Hope it can help you out too.

Message 8 of 9 (299 Views)

Community Manager

@ShubhankarSah12  Thanks for the heads up! Glad to hear that did the trick for you and you've been able to play. 

Mako.png
Message 9 of 9 (273 Views)