by saltytatty

Original Post

Re: Apex Legend Freeze and disconnects

★★★ Newbie

Same here.any normal solution?

Message 11 of 41 (7,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exact same thing happening here. Drop outs are frequent and frustrating. In the middle of a game, when queueing with friends. Hope this is fixed.

Message 12 of 41 (6,967 Views)

★ Novice

I have this issue with the AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad Core.

I don't know much about tech so I just typed out the whole name. Seeing as it is a quad core I can't disable core 5 and 6 you know.

Message 13 of 41 (6,855 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I have this issue with the AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad Core.

I don't know much about tech so I just typed out the whole name. Seeing as it is a quad core I can't disable core 5 and 6 you know.

Message 14 of 41 (6,855 Views)

★★ Novice

So after a lot of research it seems that EA has optimized APEX to run on four logical cores. I was running a six core processor but after rebooting into BIOS and disabling two cores the game has been running smoothly.

Not ideal and hopefully will be patched to run on modern gaming core processors but it is a fix that seems to have legitimately worked. 

I previously tried opening every port EA uses and that did nothing. The move to four cores worked well... for now.

Message 15 of 41 (6,757 Views)

★ Guide

Didn't someone just post that they have a quad core processor and the game still freezes and crashes for them? Also disabling cores 5&6 on a 6 core doesn't work any more, nor did it work for everyone who did disable their cores. Not to mention disabling 2 cores made the game run at 40 frames less

Message 16 of 41 (6,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well, I wouldn't know about four core CPU's but I was disconnecting so much I almost quit the game then I changed CPU in bios and I have been playing for an hour with no issues so... It works for some people. I have 120fps and I havent noticed a difference.

Message 17 of 41 (6,745 Views)

★ Guide

1 hour is hardly enough time to distinguish any difference. I once played for 12 hours straight with no disconnevts. The next day I was back to square one. Trust me, sooner or later it will happen to you. 

Message 18 of 41 (6,729 Views)

★ Novice

the issue everybody else is talking about is an issue of freezing for up to 30 seconds and then disconnecting. the game rarely crashes with this issue. 

i would suggest downloading an older version of your graphics drivers and trying to run the game with that. (DOES NOT WORK FOR FX-6000 SERIES PROCESSORS.) 

Message 19 of 41 (6,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the same issue with my fx6100 CPU and i just wanted to share this idea. windows 10 gives you the ability to limit the core usage of a program. 

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/restrict-apps-cpu-cores-processor-affinity/
on my pc it didnt work because i didnt have the premissions to change that. Maby it works on your computer and you can fix this problem. 
My bios doesnt have the option to limit my cpu cores.

EA PLS FIX THIS!

Message 20 of 41 (6,385 Views)