Re: Apex Latency and Packet Loss issues

by rAsnaxx

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@MihxaAlso had packet loss icon after 3-5 games played in a row. Found a 100% solution today after lots of other fixes tried:

1) follow this guy's steps:

https://youtu.be/HwXhJJd4_0o

2) once you logged in your router - open corresponding ports by following this article:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

3) don't know how to log in your router - here:

https://portforward.com/

P.s. "port forwarding" = "virtual ports" - can be named either or when you're logged in your router.

I personally donno whether changing my IP from dynamic => to static (from step 1)) helped or opening the ports. Anyway, do both as I did and you'll be happy Standard smile

Hope I could help with that annoying lugging "packet loss" issue. Cheers

Message 31 of 43 (10,160 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem with this latest update for cross play beta. I've called my lisp provider and they said everything is fine on their end. I've looked up xbox server status and they're fine. No matter how many times i clear my cache I keep running into the same issue.

Message 32 of 43 (8,670 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a constant packet loss problem after todays patch. The game is pretty much unplayable. Spikes every 4-5 seconds, the game freezes and then teleports me back a bit. What should I do? Before todays patch everything worked more or less fine.

Message 33 of 43 (8,532 Views)

★★ Apprentice

today i have stable 100+ ping and ~30 loss

connecting to lobby after match taking forever

what is the problem with apex today?

Message 34 of 43 (7,566 Views)

★★★★ Guide

After last season, packet loss issue started again, we need permanent solution for it please 

Message 35 of 43 (7,302 Views)

★ Apprentice

Jesus Christ, start working Respawn!!!

Message 36 of 43 (7,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello everyone,

i was plagued by packet loss on every nth game for months now. and I was also sure its not respawns fault. i tried everything in the EA help, including tracing, dns flushing and whatnot, nothing worked. What finally did fix the issue was a firmware update on my modem router, a Telekom device (speedport). It was turned to automatic updating but for some reason it did not install the last update. After i have done it manually i do not experience packet loss anymore, and i think it was not on EAs help notes. It might have caused issues with vectoring....no idea.

So go and see if you have current firmware on your modem router device.

good luck and cheers

Message 37 of 43 (6,937 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I've had problems with packet loss and it seems my Bluetooth headphones were causing the problem.

Turning BT off solved the problem for me.

Message 38 of 43 (6,804 Views)

★ Novice

I am very disappointed, I have tried everything to fix the loss of my packets of the Apex game. My service provider Hungarian Telekom replaced my routers, but the issue is still exist. When I start playing Apex legends the 50% of my tries will lose packets, it will be probably connected to a server is London, despite that I gave Frankfurt or Belgium servers a priority. Why my connection is going to a server where the game is unplayable and I am constantly losing my packets?

Message 39 of 43 (4,060 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @rAsnaxx, when running a UO Trace you need to send 100 packets but looking at the image you shared and I'm seeing obvious and serious connection issues.

You have packet loss on almost every hop and you also have a Ping best/worst of over 100ms in places. The best thing that I can recommend is that you speak with your ISP and show them your UO Trace. They should be able to work with you on improving your connection.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 40 of 43 (4,012 Views)