Re: Apex Lag

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Apex Lag

★★★ Newbie

Every time I load into a game with my friend, I get severe "connection issues". I don't lag back and I consistantly run at 75fps, but everyone else teleports across my screen. Theres not even an animation they just freeze mid run and then teleport. Interacting with things also takes awhile. Its almost as if the servers are hard capped at 1 FPS while im running the game at 75. i'd normally think its the servers im put into but i play with my friend who lives in my city and he has no issues.

Message 1 of 6 (261 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @Soxxeee.

We should go through some connection troubleshooting. Do you play on a wired or wireless connection and what system are you playing on? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (236 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo wireless, but i sit right next to the router which has 750DL, but has caused issues in the past i should also add. and im just playing on my desktop, ryzen 5 2600, 16gb 3200mhz DDR4, GTX1060 etc
Message 3 of 6 (223 Views)

Community Manager

@Soxxeee 

Can you switch to a wired connection and see if there's any difference?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (221 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo i unfortunately dont own an ethernet cable so i dont know how possible that is, i should also mention this isnt a consistent issue on other games, only apex. dont know if that means anything just thought i should bring it up
Message 5 of 6 (218 Views)

Community Manager

@Soxxeee 

As long as you remain on a wireless connection, disconnects and lag are going to be an issue. No matter how close you are to the router, wireless is not as stable as wired.

If you haven't already, try using alternate DNS settings with these steps. That may help.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (212 Views)