Re: Apex Freezing and Crashing: DXGI device hung up/Memory privilege error

by Limessssssss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Freezing and Crashing: DXGI device hung up/Memory privilege error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, lately with this latest two events i've been experiencing a lot of freezing and crashing. I've tried to do several things: set all the graphics settings to low or disabled, update my graphics drivers, my motherboard drivers, ran in clean boot, verified I'm not overclocking anything, tried moving from the steam client to the origin client, set easy anti cheat to low priority, repaired game files twice, locked the framerate to 60hz, ran kombuster to see if i had any issue, tried installing on another hard drive with it's own windows, and nothing has seemed to help. Sometimes it will error out with a dxgi device hung error. Sometimes it will freeze my entire computer and i will get a blue screen with a memory management error. If I restart my computer it will sometimes allow me to play a game or two before i have issues again. There doesn't appear to be any commonality between when it happens though it does appear to happen less on olympus for me than worlds edge. I am not experiencing any issues playing other games. I found some steam crash logs from before i put everything on origin and it had an error saying something along the lines of "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.". Attaching my dxdiag file. I really love this game guys, if there's anything you guys can share or do to help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

PS i keep trying to set my origin client to send logs when it has issues but every time i go back into the settings for it under diagnostics it's toggled off. Not sure why it keeps defaulting off. 

Message 1 of 2 (540 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I think I managed to resolve the issue by updating my windows to a newer version. Been quite a few games and no hiccups.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (501 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I think I managed to resolve the issue by updating my windows to a newer version. Been quite a few games and no hiccups.

Message 2 of 2 (502 Views)