Apex Freezing after ~5 mins of playing

by mkayfas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Freezing after ~5 mins of playing

★★★★★ Newbie

Ive had this problem the past 2 weeks, before that I could play the game just fine. Now when I try to play apex I can play for about 5 minutes until it just freezes out of nowhere and I cant tab out or anything so I have to restart my pc. Ive tried EVERYTHING; reinstalled the game 3 times, verified game files, played around with the graphic settings, completely removed my configs, updated my graphics drivers, even tried it on steam and had the same issue. I have NO overlays on either, the game is allowed on my firewall, i "repaired" my EAC, I capped my frames and I set EAC priority to low. I seriously cant find anything else I can do anymore. Please help im losing my mind.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
RAM: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Memory
Windows 10

Message 1 of 7 (831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Freezing after ~5 mins of playing

EA DICE Team
Hi @mkayfas, I assume you tried the latest seasons patch?

Could you try to do a new windows admin account with admin powers and see if you get the same issue.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (797 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hi @mkayfas, I assume you tried the latest seasons patch?

Could you try to do a new windows admin account with admin powers and see if you get the same issue.

/Atic
Message 2 of 7 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@mkayfasTry setting lower ram speeds in bios or disable xmp profile? Also what are your temps? do you have gpu overclock? gpu overclock might be too high for this game making it crash.

Message 3 of 7 (787 Views)

★★ Guide
@mkayfas Have task manager "always onctop"
Message 4 of 7 (759 Views)

★★ Guide
Its the only way i can close apex when its being * and won't let me switch tabs. If you have task manager open and have it always on top, when you minimize it it goes away but if the game has an issue you can bring it in front of apex to force close ot
Message 5 of 7 (757 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic bro i love you, it seems to be working for now. if it stops working again ill let you guys know but thank you so much! :D
Message 6 of 7 (717 Views)

★★ Novice

Is it still working? I’m having this issue too. Did you just make a new windows account?

Message 7 of 7 (667 Views)