Re: Apex FPS drops on every resolution

by kalbertinho45

Original Post

Apex FPS drops on every resolution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello guys, 

i have a problem with my fps and i hope you can help me.
I already watched lots of tutorials, did the Troubleshooting-Guide for Season 4 and 5, but nothing helped me.
On both maps on some spots i get strange FPS drops, for example in Fragment.
Im standing in a building watching to South and have stable 144fps - then i turn around and watch to North and it drops to 70fps. It even stays when i change the resolution to the lowest possible. It just happens ingame - on the firing range and at the quests is everything fine.
I added some screens for you.

My specs:

CPU: i7 2600k 3.4Ghz

GPU: Radeon RX 590

RAM: 16 GB

Every drivers are updated, reinstalled them, reinstalled apex and origin.
I really hope you can help me because the game is kinda unplayable - thank you a lot in advance! 

P.S. other Games like Overwatch and Warzone are working perfectly on high settings with no problems.

Message 1 of 8 (1,901 Views)

★★★ Novice

I added my Dxdiag data Standard smile 

Message 2 of 8 (1,883 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Reinstall grafic dirver, chose a wqhl driver. Use DUU deinstaller first.

--> howto

Message 3 of 8 (1,837 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your answer. 
I already tried it but unfortunately it didnt work Frown 

Message 4 of 8 (1,777 Views)

★★★★ Pro

You welcome. Try to enable "fps goal" in the apex grafic settings, set it to 100. This reduces the grafic qualityin in some scenarios to reach 100 fps.

Message 5 of 8 (1,752 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately tha game looks absolutely bad.
This affects also the areas where i had 144fps before.
And its still dropping down to 80 on some special places on the map.

I dont understand how it can be, that even inside a building, where im just looking at a wall the fps is dropping so hard Wondering

Message 6 of 8 (1,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Hm this option is working for you differend for some reason. Maybe the Rx590 as not enaugh power to handle it anyway. But I agree, Apex could be better programmed. I think there is not much you can do. Try to lower your grafic settings, try start options, autoexec - just google it, many manuals out there. settings you can use for it:

Spoiler

Start commands:

+exec autoexec -dev -novid -threads 4 -fullscreen -high +cl_showfps 4

Autoexec:

fps_max 0

cl_forcepreload 1

mat_compressedtextures 1

cl_ragdoll_collide 0

You're playing on your second screen with full hd, right? I guess wqhd is a little to much for your 590.

• Try set all settings in your graficcard-settings to performance.
  • Set windows best performance mode -> win+x, energyoptions, chose best performance
  • I have made the experience a page file with the size of 16000mb works the best, helped me to run warzone without trubble by the way.

With my old gtx 1060 apex didn't run that good as well. Maybe a upgrade will help you.

EDIT: I watched some youtube videos with a RX 580/590, seems to work well with lowest settings. check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiabMFPvKi4 

Message 7 of 8 (1,669 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same exact issue since they indroduced new locations in world's edge.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pPEtFm-KF4njVNpKvUYNV8T5O1F2p8BK/view?usp=sharing

Message 8 of 8 (1,397 Views)