Apex Downloading Don't Stop

by Joe4Best

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Downloading Don't Stop

★★★ Novice

I installed new windows, then:

1- Opened Origin to locate game files, after verifying files done, it starts download from 10GB to 25GB in pc.

I waited it to reach 25GB, then it didn't stop & started automatically to download from 0GB to 25GB & when I waited to finish this download, it started again from 10GB to 25GB, but this time I stop the download.

2- Next day, I decided to download the game normally & when it starts downloading I will move game files into the new path.

When I made that, it took sometimes too, after verifying game files finished, it started again from 10GB to 25GB,

then back to 10GB to 25GB, then back to 10GB & this time I stop the downloading again.

3- Next day & this time I decided to uninstall Origin & delete all game files & reinstall it again.

When I did that, Apex started downloading from 0GB to 25GB, then back to 10GB to 25GB, then back to 10GB & as usual I stop the download again...

As you see I can't afford that da** operation any more, specially I have a fu** limited internet (300GB) & I spend more than 70GB & I got nothing finally Angry

Please, any one help me.

Message 1 of 10 (2,394 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Downloading Don't Stop

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent
@xXAlphaLimaXx
I fixed the problem,
1- Unplugged the ram from the motherboard then put it again.
2- Installed windows 10 again version 1909.
3- Same partition.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (2,154 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Joe4Best

I can understand the frustration when something like this happens, especially if you've got a data cap. Let's take a look and see if we can help get this fixed here. 

First, I'd recommend clearing out the Origin cache to see if that helps at all. If there's an issue with the Origin data that may help. For more details on how to clear the cache check out the EA Help website

Let me know if that helps at all. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,343 Views)

★ Novice

Ive got a similar issue, would it be worth cancelling, restarting the download after clearing out?

Message 3 of 10 (2,323 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I cleared cache & fully uninstall origin hard way, but didn't solve.
Message 4 of 10 (2,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@xXAlphaLimaXxdid you solve it?
& what is your windows 10 version 1903 - 1909 - 20H1?
& did you try to install the game every time in the same partition or another partition?

Message 5 of 10 (2,290 Views)

★ Novice

Version 1909 and im on the same partition for now but if it fails il try a different partition.
Will keep you updated

Message 6 of 10 (2,278 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xXAlphaLimaXx Okay, can you try the following:.
1- Clear cache & uninstall Origin hard way.
2- Reinstall it, then choose another partition to install Apex Legends on it.
3- Change windows 10 version to 1809.
4- Repeat N.1-2 again.

This is what I would try, but I can't do that now because I don't want to waste my internet quantity, there is now 100GB exist from 300GB.
So if you can try these steps, then tell me what happened.
Message 7 of 10 (2,265 Views)

Community Manager

@xXAlphaLimaXx 

Normally the progress that's already been downloaded so far would stay installed. If you do cancel and restart the download it should pick up where it left off, so you should be OK to try clearing the cache and restarting it. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (2,251 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent
@xXAlphaLimaXx
I fixed the problem,
1- Unplugged the ram from the motherboard then put it again.
2- Installed windows 10 again version 1909.
3- Same partition.
Message 9 of 10 (2,155 Views)

Community Manager

@Joe4Best 

Thanks for following up and letting me know. I'm glad that you were able to figure out a way to get this fixed, and I appreciate you sharing the steps you took. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,130 Views)