Re: Apex Crashing!!

by Sick1Click

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Crashing!!

★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone!

I play Apex on PS4 and in the the past few months (it’s July 29th, 2020 right now) I have had some serious crashing issues. Near everyday the game will freeze and crash and today I couldn’t play more than 30 seconds after drop before the game freezes. I’ve tried customs dns servers, I can’t reach an Ethernet cord to my system but no other game has issues like this. 

Message 1 of 5 (560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@lemonlimejohn 

That's not a connection issue so we can rule that out. Take a look at this article. Let me know if those suggestions help or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (464 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @lemonlimejohn.

How far from the router are you? Also, is your game crashing and going back to the dashboard or are you disconnecting and going back to the Apex menus?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 5 (489 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There's a wall between me and the router but I'm technically about 3 feet away from it. Usually what happens is the audio stops loading, then visual assets, then the game will freeze and won't do anything. When I try and quit the game, it'll close out and provide the following error message "CE-34878-0 game freezes or crashes on PS4"

I keep up to date on patch notes and I haven't seen any work being done for this in the last three months that it's been happening, not a single mention of PS4 connection issues

Message 3 of 5 (469 Views)

Community Manager

@lemonlimejohn 

That's not a connection issue so we can rule that out. Take a look at this article. Let me know if those suggestions help or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 5 (465 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@lemonlimejohn  My friend had the same problem. For some reason, Apex causes a lot more load than other games on ps4. Replacing the thermal paste solved the problem for him.

Message 5 of 5 (408 Views)