Re: Apex Crashes Whole PC

by Fireblast1001

Original Post

Apex Crashes Whole PC

★★★★ Novice

My Apex keeps freezing and crashes my whole pc! I haven't had this problem before, it started a few days ago, here are the details: when it freezes, it wont unfreeze, if I go to my taskbar, i can click buttons but nothing happens, the only way to uncrash the whole pc is to manually restart. This normally happens in the Apex lobby but has happened in game. I have tried:

Deleting temp files,

Updating GPU drivers,

Lowering settings,

Repairing the game (on Origin),

Un and Re-installing.

I can't find anyone else with this problem and i really need help.

Message 1 of 14 (2,260 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Fireblast1001

When you have a chance can you post a DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more information on how to pull one up over at the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 14 (2,195 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This started happening to me today as well. I've had 2 ranked games where Apex froze and the PC appears unresponsive.

You should be able to regain access to the rest of the PC if you have multiple desktops:

1. Make sure you have the "task view" icon on the toolbar

2. Click "task view" icon and go to "Desktop 2" or any other available desktop

3. Right-click toolbar and select "Task manager"

4. Kill Apex

5. Go back to your main Desktop using the task view

This won't stop Apex crashing but will at least avoid you needing to restart on occasions where Apex crashes and prevents you from accessing other apps.

Message 3 of 14 (2,170 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for this, I know it isn't a sure fix but my apex is quick to load, so this helps!

Message 4 of 14 (2,163 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Quick note, i have now tried this but like the taskbar when i try to close it the button is unresponsive. Thanks for the idea though.

Message 5 of 14 (2,132 Views)

Also having this same issue, where game goes black screen and is mostly unresponsive. Windows works in background, no blue screen. However, can't exit the Apex program to restart. 

Message 6 of 14 (2,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same since the update 2 freeze in game today, no sound 

Message 7 of 14 (2,110 Views)

★★ Novice

just started doing this to me after the game updated today. Cant make it through a single match. You it locks up your whole computer so you cant use the task manager to kill APEX. I have to reboot my system to recover as well.

Message 8 of 14 (2,082 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same Issue. Game is currently unplayable. Neither via Steam or Origin. Three Games three Crashes

Message 9 of 14 (2,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issue! 1st account banned without reason now i cant even play on 2nd account-.- FIX THE GAME! QA's don't exist there

Message 10 of 14 (1,352 Views)