by gabQuist

Original Post

Apex Crash - Overclocked/Overheated? - CPU IS NOT OVERCLOCK AND DONT OVERHEAT

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I'm receiving the following error:

Apex Crash - Overclocked/Overheated?

Specifically, the CPU reported that it couldn't execute an instruction it didn't want to execute. More precisely, the CPU's memory controller said it didn't have permission to execute one address, but the CPU's registers said it wanted to execute a different address.

The issue here is the following, I have an i9 9900 that I've NEVER overclocked and my temperature is 39* C MAX on the cores, this is kinda lame, anyone experienced the same?

Have a nice day and thanks for who will like to help.

Kind regards,

gabQuist

Message 2 of 8 (4,579 Views)

Apex freezing/not responding, requiring PC restart every "crash"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I just got the game about 3 days ago, I've gotten to level 19 and so far the game has probably frozen/"crashed" about 20 times.  I say "crashed" because no apex_crash.txt is ever generated because it always gives me the "Application not responding" prompt wherein I always have to end the process myself rather than it just crashing. When it happens the game freezes for about 5 seconds before I get the "not responding" prompt and the game never unfreezes so I have to either ctrl+alt+delete and end the task or restart my computer. If I don't restart and launch the game again I have profound FPS lag (20fps down from 180fps) and it's almost as if the game is running at a lower resolution or subsampled. The kicker is that this happens to every other game I try to play until I restart my computer (Overwatch, Destiny 2, GW2, etc.) So Apex crashing in this way is affecting my display/graphics as a whole.  I have absolutely no problem playing any other game and can run most FPS games at high fps with no crashing or lagging, it's literally only Apex that is destroying my PC every game.

I have tried a bunch of youtube "fixes" including:

- changing application settings on the Origin launcher

- lowering settings in the graphics menu in game

- reinstalling

- moving the game folder to my SSD

- Origin repair game tool

- restarted my PC several times

- setting the Apex task priority to high

Attached dxdiag.txt should have all the info you need.

Message 1 of 8 (4,565 Views)

Re: Apex Crash - Overclocked/Overheated? - CPU IS NOT OVERCLOCK AND DONT OVERHEA

Community Manager

@gabQuist 

Thanks for the detailed post! Can you attach a DxDiag so we can see your full system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Have you added a crash txt to this post yet? If not it will really help our team out.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 8 (4,472 Views)

Re: Apex Crash - Overclocked/Overheated? - CPU IS NOT OVERCLOCK AND DONT OVERHEA

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @gabQuist , @RyokoRegi 

You can try these steps because, i think that error is caused by your ATI Display driver software,

-open Device Manager - Accessible by right clicking your Start Button

-expand the Display Devices section

-right click your graphics card and choose properties

-on the driver tab, choose 'Roll Back Driver'

-if the Roll back option is grayed out, right click the device and choose Uninstall

Confirm deletion of the driver files.Then you need to restart your jmachine.

NOTE If that does not resolve the issue, go to the AMD  website and download the latest software they recommend for your Graphics card .Fingers crossed

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 8 (4,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@gabQuist From Reddit:

"The game uses avx instructions and seems to crash even on the most stable of overclocks, so you want to have an avx offset to help with stability."

Change your AVX offset in bios to 2 - This fixed it for me.
I have an 8700K running a stable OC @5.0GHz on all cores. Temps don't exceed 75 degrees under full load in APEX so it's not an overheating issue.

Happy Gaming.
Message 5 of 8 (4,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Fourtheye-ZAI could only put mine to -2 in the bios AVX offset so i assumed this is the fix i am runnning a i9900k not clocked i am running a MSI MEG Z390 ACE it was on AUTO before

i got the same error 2080ti and i9900k.

Message 6 of 8 (3,968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hello,I have the same error on 7700k +1070. Much more..  my 7700 dont overclocked (it works now on stock frequencies), it delided (using liguid metal) and in bios there is negative offset for processor voltage supply. (Experemental offset for less heating and 100% stability). And in third season I have this error stable once per day. Stress tests like LinX with avx instructions on all cores dont give mistakes or overheating more than 90 degrees.

Message 7 of 8 (3,950 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for sharing technical knowledge on what has helped alleviate some of the crashes for you all. As a heads up, the team is aware of some performance issues affecting i9, i7, and some Ryzen processors. They are working on a fix and are expecting to deliver it out soon (mentioned here). I know it's hard to tell you all to be patient for situations like this and we really appreciate it. We'll update everyone on this as soon as possible.

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (3,806 Views)