by FORDYI

Original Post

Apex CPU spiking to 100% on both lowest and highest settings, no fixes working

★★ Novice

I7-7000k

Asus prime Z270

Corsair vengence DDR4 2400Mhz

Gigabyte GTX1080

No matter what settings I select in the game or modifications I try to make, my CPU is spiking to 100% while in the game. This only began after the octane update and is unacceptable to play with. This does not happen with any other game, video or otherwise. 

Message 1 of 5 (316 Views)

Re: Apex CPU spiking to 100% on both lowest and highest settings, no fixes worki

EA DICE Team
Hey, @FORDYI, make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Apex and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 5 (297 Views)

Re: Apex CPU spiking to 100% on both lowest and highest settings, no fixes worki

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic i have same problem since game come out..i try everthing u and other CM from EA, and nothing works, its not only 100-200 people have problem but alot even streamers pro gamers say this!!! every other games works normal no CPU spiking. i7 8700k , 1070ti, 16gb ram..if this spec. cant handle this game,
Message 3 of 5 (285 Views)

Champion

Something to check:

Do you have Intel Rapid storage technology installed?

Uninstall it :D

Message 4 of 5 (269 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here.

AMD FX-8320 OC'd at 4 GHz

Gigabyte GTX 1060 GB OC Version

16 GB RAM

The CPU runs stable with all other games, but while playing APEX I get 100% usage sudden CPU spikes that lower my FPS from the 80-100 range, to 49-60.

Even if I lower my graphics I get around 120fps, and they drop to 55-60.

They eventually go back to the upper range, but the spikes are really annoying.

Message 5 of 5 (204 Views)