Apex Arena Crashing

by theeneon

Original Post

Apex Arena Crashing

★★★ Apprentice

In my arena matches, i'm crashing at least 60% of the time. I can sometimes go one match then crash, or one round then crash. I can also play the entire 3 rounds and no crash. 

The entire game freezes up and I have to use task manager to quit the game and then load back in where sometimes i can't purchase weapons or can't see my HUD. This only happens in Arenass though. 

Message 1 of 19 (4,281 Views)

Re: Apex Arena Crashing

Community Manager
@theeneon Which platform are you on?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 19 (4,252 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is PC. On Xbox i just get kicked back to the lobby

Message 3 of 19 (4,243 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello any updates on this? 

I have more information as well, It's only happening on phase runner. 

Message 4 of 19 (4,198 Views)

★★★ Pro

I haven't even able to play one single Arena match lol 4 days and still getting Code:Leaf instead of getting into a match. 

Message 5 of 19 (4,184 Views)

Community Manager
@WreckingVi To confirm are you crashing out like OP or just failing to connect with code: leaf?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 19 (4,150 Views)

Community Manager

@theeneon Sorry have been trying to get this to happen on my side. Are there any similarities between matches when it crashes? (same legend, same spot on the map, same loadout)

Also to check do you have any other programs, anti-cheats or security software running while playing?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 19 (4,149 Views)

★★★ Novice

exact same here, when people enter the teleporter my game instant crash

Message 8 of 19 (4,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_IlliumI've been having the same issue. Phase Runner map I'm guaranteed to have a lock up, with no obvious trigger. Have also had this issue on Artillery. Have been avoiding those maps and have had many successful games; tried Phase Runner again today, and locked up twice, and it's never at a good time in arenas to be "AFK" for 2 minutes while you reload the game.

UPDATE: Have just performed a fresh install, and have successfully played a full game on Phase Runner. Will update if things remain good. It had been many updates since a full download.

UPDATE 2: Scratch that. Just had the game freeze on Phase Runner again. Only happy ctrl-shift-esc still works. Hope you can find a fix, as it's a real bummer.

UPDATE 3: Just had it freeze up on Party Crasher now. Also managed to have the entire UI vanish on me for last 3 rounds, which somehow left me unable to do more than buy/sell weapons, no upgrading.

PC
Ryzen 3 2200g stock speed
16GB DDR4 2666
GTX 970 @ 1080p 120hz mainly low settings, no dynamic res. Has also happened at lower resolutions.
Seems to be localized to those two maps. Game goes full freeze, 0% task usage. No crash message or text file.

Message 9 of 19 (4,040 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Illium Disabling BitDefender seems to have stopped the freezes for the moment.
Message 10 of 19 (3,973 Views)