Any known tuning differences/issues between Xbox One X & S?

by sithimor

Original Post

Any known tuning differences/issues between Xbox One X & S?

★★★ Newbie

This is meant as a serious question -- so please don't rip on my gameplay Standard smile

I met a player a online last week that switched from one console to another -- he had been complaining about "issues" after switching to a new hardware setup. I recall beating him quite easily, which was a little wild -- 10-1. We chatted for a while on XBL, but I mostly thought he was just going through a bad string of games.

I switched my home console to an Xbox One X a few days ago, and have not won a single game in 3 days. The AI goalie is letting an average of 4.2 goals per 8 shots (yes, I did the math).Bear in mind, I'm not a top 500 player or anything... pretty middle of the road, but I've never dropped them like this and am (on average) a better player than these stats. Every other shot wizzes by my 95 OVR goalie like he's not even there.

Anyway, I know on the surface this looks like an absurd question -- but has anyone else experienced any issues? 

Message 1 of 4 (632 Views)

Re: Any known tuning differences/issues between Xbox One X & S?

[ Edited ]
Hero
Can’t say I’ve heard of any issues like this. Make sure there isn’t some performance setting in the console that may be trying to upscale the game and inadvertently affecting your FPS or something. NHL isn’t a 4K optimised game so maybe the console is causing some issue surrounding that.
•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 2 of 4 (609 Views)

Hero
Correcting myself regarding NHL not being 4K enhanced. This was added in the December title update.
•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 3 of 4 (586 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have you checked your ping times in the pause menu? Could be a number of connection issues.... since I’m guessing you downloaded a bunch of stuff your ISP could limit bandwidth for that device until it resets.... or simply could be you are using a different IP address then your old console
Message 4 of 4 (467 Views)