r5apex.exe

by nicpalm

Original Post

Highlighted

r5apex.exe

★★★ Newbie

i start to go in local Disk (DStandard smile then program files (x86) then Apex and the weird thing is i dont have the r5apex.exe and i can't play apex without it thats what is saying can you help me get it back somehow?

Message 21 of 54 (1,437 Views)

Re: Avast is thinking r5apex.exe is a malware

[ Edited ]
Hero

Avast is kinda a horrible program tbh. Windows defender and malwarebytes are plenty enough if anything gets past that you was targeted from the start and was meant to be hacked. Other then that id suggest allowing it a exception on your firewall status as the ani cheat is reading memory to see if your running 3rd party and most likely whats flagging the game. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 54 (1,560 Views)

Re: Antivirus programs reporting r5apex.exe as malware

Anonymous

AVG and avast reported the malware because the simple answer is it not falls ...its is indeed malware ..maybe not for malicious purpose but to gather info on the user to sell a more products that you don't need ....this is common practice >>Google does it all the time maybe not so direct because they ask for permission at least ..Apex has an option called Usage Sharing ..it's another tool they use to gather info on you ..TURN iT off .......This fall malware thing is not the first time it happened on Apex ..and there is no reason why the game Consumes so much data per hour ...Past two days i used 12 GB , more then what i spend Youtube and that saying something

Message 23 of 54 (2,500 Views)

It virus? whay r5apex.exe says its Win64:Malware-gen.

★★★★ Novice

Hi EA. I whant to knwo whay this game is making somting
unsafe?
I mean i got alerts about viruses from your datafile.
i got my antivirus couse i whant to be sure my pc works safely.
I know i can cancel and tell avast to ignore this. BUT then i got feeling somting is not right about this datafile.
Can you clear my doubts. Whay it works like so that my sercurity program reacts so? i think you doing somthing not wrong.

I like this game and i whant to play it. But i feeling unsafe.

Can you respon, will you fix it or it will be like so?

Some virus? r5apex.exe is ificed with Win64:Malvare-gen.

Message 24 of 54 (1,536 Views)

★★★★ Novice

AVast es el problema. Lo tengo en modo silencioso y me borró el ejecutable sin saberlo. Reinstale el juego porque no me habia dado cuenta Frown

Ahora espero se reinstale a ver si se soluciona con la excepcion en Avast.... Teeth bared

Message 25 of 54 (2,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same thing is happening with AVG

Message 26 of 54 (2,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm not changing Avast's exception rules! I'm going to wait for an update which fixes this issue, since this error wasn't present before...

Message 27 of 54 (2,085 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue here, except when I added exceptions I now have and issue which states the game executable is invalid?

Message 28 of 54 (2,056 Views)

★ Apprentice

and THIS is why there are so many freeloaders in Apex, anyone else got a question?

Message 29 of 54 (2,038 Views)

Message 30 of 54 (2,012 Views)