Re: Antivirus programs reporting r5apex.exe as malware

by Aikonium1

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jclifton82 Open Avast. - Menu -- Settings -- Exception -- Add Exception -- Browse -- 'Tick' (folder path) [C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex]

Something like that.
Message 11 of 54 (4,496 Views)

★ Apprentice

I know I can make it as exception but question is what the * does that mean. Never before has any antivirus done this and now suddenly after patch at least 2 different programs are reporting this as malware.

Message 12 of 54 (4,475 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all. 

This does appear to be a false positive of course -they do happen from time to time- but we'll investigate what's happening here. 

Thanks for the posts.  

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 54 (12,302 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I think I solved the issue (atleast for me) 

Launch Avast and go to settings in the right corner and then exceptions. There you will have the option too add an exception. Copy and paste this file in the blank space, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex\R5Apex.exe" and add it as an "exception-file" and repair the game in Origin. Worked for me.

sorry for poop English

Message 14 of 54 (4,368 Views)

★ Apprentice
@bnYlicious As I said previously, I know I can add it to exceptions but question is why it is doing that... Something wrong with your reading ability?
Message 15 of 54 (4,346 Views)

Avast is thinking r5apex.exe is a malware

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Don't tell me i'm the only one?
Tried to repair the game and avast still blocks me out, removing the exe file.

Edit: i did report it as false positive but still curious on why does avast think its malware.

Message 16 of 54 (3,026 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what do you mean by copy and paste the empty bar you cant copy and paste a empty bar 

Message 17 of 54 (4,285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Makes you question what EA did for it to be suddenly flagged after working no-problem for months...

Message 18 of 54 (4,179 Views)

★ Novice

Can agree with this - temporarily fixes this. Worth keeping an eye though, if EA release another update soon, we can remove the exclusion list - definitely wanna keep our rigs protected, never know when these crafty malwares try to get on ....

Message 19 of 54 (4,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just wait for next update/patch

Message 20 of 54 (4,015 Views)