Re: Anti cheat?

by Tennissky

Original Post

★★★ Novice

This isn't supposed to be a problem in the first place. Why should RGB peripherals trigger a cheat recognising mechanism?

Solutions like this are just infuriating because they're workarounds for a problem that is your fault and your responsibility to fix.

Message 21 of 53 (705 Views)

★★ Guide

Same nonsense just happened to me. I JUST completed mount steep and got my Citron and Kernel Corn skins... went to show them off and, black screen, then told i'm a cheater... ridiculous. 

This game is a mess Popcap, i can't even believe you're less than 2 weeks away and the PC version of this game is such a mess. 

Message 22 of 53 (704 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, but for me it happens when I came back from weirding woods into giddy park. I think it's some sort of bug with the free roam regions and the latest update and buxfixes. But plz pvz, look into this.

Message 23 of 53 (704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Blueberry  thanku for your swift reply ...

however... it seems unlikely that everybody is being affected at the same time because we all have something running in the background when we were playing the game without a problem minutes before surely? This in itself would seem to indicate that it must be something else.

This is extremely irritating and is the latest in a succession of disasters the game is being plagued with and everybody has a right to being annoyed of course....
but....
please everybody don't take it out on @EA_Blueberry .... he is just trying to help with, I'm sure, limited resources at hand due to time zones etc. I for one don't envy his job atm.

Message 24 of 53 (699 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Hey, all.

Do you happen to have any other programs running in the background while you're playing or lighting software for your PC? In Apex Legends RGB was triggering EAC as cheating.

Try performing a clean boot and then immediately run Origin as administrator. When you do a clean boot it's going to temporarily disable all non-Microsoft essential programs to run your PC so if the game runs up and is all good, open up one program at a time to see which one triggers it.

If it knocks you out from a game, open up task manager to see what programs are running in the background, like RGB as an example.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Uhhh no, i'm not doing that lol. Fix your game Popcap, this is pathetic. 

Message 25 of 53 (684 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MR-XER0 Just btw: by "your" I mean EA, not @EA_Blueberry
Message 26 of 53 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Tennissky

Could be, it started happening to me after I returned to Giddy Park after PVE:ing for a while.

Message 27 of 53 (658 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ailin1408 I think the game forgets somehow to check the anti cheating checks and doesn't want to screw up. But there are already way to many people with this problem in only an hour. So it will probably be fixed soon, I hope.
Message 28 of 53 (636 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah we all seem to have got it when returning back from the PvE regions. Roughly around the same time period. 

Message 29 of 53 (615 Views)

why does the game think that my overclocked gpu software is a cheat engine

★★★ Newbie

So today I tried to Overclock my gpu with msi afterburner and when I tried to go play pvp it just said that i have an cheat engine and Im kicked because of that.

Message 30 of 53 (515 Views)