Anti-Cheat Approach in Battlefield V: Did you gave up?

by Madnesis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anti-Cheat Approach in Battlefield V: Did you gave up?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Dear DICE/EA Support,

I'm a veteran BF player and it's the first time I feel that I need to write on this forum due to really poor experience in BF V lately. Here is the problem: the cheaters

Could you please listen to your customers and try to address the cheaters problem in BF V?

I'm reporting cheaters in basically 1 game out of 2 in Firestorm, not to mention the ones also plaguing other game modes.

Look at this topic: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164496/i-hate-to-admit-it-but-there-are-cheaters-in-...

Replies = 4.8K

Views = 118.9K

Many people is begging you for support and so far, we all feel that you are plainly ignoring forum inquires and also player reports of cheaters. PLEASE stop acting like you guys have no idea of what is going on, again, look at all the reports you are receiving daily for cheaters and do something about it, it's not our job to maintain a fair game play environment and I'm just referring to your own statements: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/anti-cheat-in-battlefield-5

If you guys gave up, please be respectful of your customers and community and shutdown the page I just linked so at least we know that it's no longer needed to expect any sort of help from you.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22 (4,859 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anti-Cheat Approach in Battlefield V - Did you gave up?

★★ Apprentice

It's been few months I'm following and posting in the thread that was closed on Official EA Forums as mentioned by @RichardSinerface: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164496/i-hate-to-admit-it-but-there-are-cheaters-in-...

It does look like a poor censorship attempt to me and here is why I think so:

1. No prior notification before closing the topic.

2. He provided this link which states basically that situation should be better now when it comes to cheaters. Why not wait for player feedback prior closing the topic?

3. Assumption is that the cheater problem is no longer a thing, he mentioned he would close any new topic related to that.

I will give you guys another chance since you supposedly worked on FairFight (even though situation was horrible for months and it should have been done way earlier) so I'm really looking forward to see if the situation is definitely better now or not and will come back if it's not the case.

View in thread

Message 19 of 22 (5,877 Views)

All Replies

@Madnesis wrote:

Dear DICE/EA Support,

I'm a veteran BF player and it's the first time I feel that I need to write on this forum due to really poor experience in BF V lately. Here is the problem: the cheaters

Could you please listen to your customers and try to address the cheaters problem in BF V?

I'm reporting cheaters in basically 1 game out of 2 in Firestorm, not to mention the ones also plaguing other game modes.

Look at this topic: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164496/i-hate-to-admit-it-but-there-are-cheaters-in-...

Replies = 4.8K

Views = 118.9K

Many people is begging you for support and so far, we all feel that you are plainly ignoring forum inquires and also player reports of cheaters. PLEASE stop acting like you guys have no idea of what is going on, again, look at all the reports you are receiving daily for cheaters and do something about it, it's not our job to maintain a fair game play environment and I'm just referring to your own statements: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/anti-cheat-in-battlefield-5

If you guys gave up, please be respectful of your customers and community and shutdown the page I just linked so at least we know that it's no longer needed to expect any sort of help from you.

Thanks.

DICE is actively involved in anti-cheat as Merson stated here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1317388#Comment_1317388

You will never be informed of the final disposition of your cheating report due to privacy policies. Keep in mind that just because you think someone is cheating doesn't mean that they were found to be cheating by DICE's anti-cheat team when they looked at the evidence that you supplied or the player stats. Many factors from latency, excessive latency variations, to out of region players and so on can and do affect your perception of things which often make legitimate players look shady

Regarding the thread in question the moderators keep it open since we send feedback up the chain to the studio weekly over on the official Battlefield forums.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 22 (4,793 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I gave up.

Cheating is bad in BFV.

You disrespect us by allowing cheating, by having moderators that don't even understand the problem.
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1540845/#Comment_1540845

---------
Ok, stop posting comments from reddit, this isnt reddit. Stop posting scoreboards with cheaters on, we all know cheats are out there and you are adding nothing constructive to the thread, all you are doing is spam posting, and all that will do is result in action taken against you.

before you ask what rule it breaks, disruptive behaviour.
--------

You give more attention to the forums than you do to the cheaters.

We have no voice.

We are tired of this crap.
Message 3 of 22 (4,774 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ya, a lame post from November saying that Fairfight is working isn't going to cut it. 

There are thousands of cheaters and hackers in this game. Hell at this point they probably out number the tiny fraction of players still playing BF5 without installing hacks

He said in NOVEMBER they were looking at informing us when someone is banned in chat. Cool. How bout in the last 9 months they mention once how many people have been banned. Or literally say anything other than 'working as intended'.

Your forum mods are harsher than your anti-cheat. If that doesn't shame you as a company i don't know what will.

Message 4 of 22 (4,765 Views)

Champion

Oh I know exactly what the problem is.  But what you seem to fail to understand is that the forum rules have to be followed, we can't just ignore them because people are unhappy about something.

As I told you when you messaged me with a battle report, there is nothing we on the forum can do, we are not the anticheat team and have zero control over it.  You file a report, and thats it.  Posting scoreboards on the forum in that thread will not achieve anything.

Do I like the current system? No, never have done.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 22 (4,726 Views)

★★★ Novice

"Keep in mind that just because you think someone is cheating doesn't mean that they were found to be cheating by DICE's anti-cheat team when they looked at the evidence that you supplied or the player stats."

So a guy I reported recently had been playing for 17 hours.  He gets ten kills per minute with his favorite bolt-action rifle, and not much less with his favorite pistol.  He has a kill streak of 154.  His accuracy with his favorite sniper rifle is more than twice as good as the best scoring sniper in BFV.  In the round in which I encountered him, he had 166 kills, to 1 death playing Support on Rotterdam, according to the chat half the players in the server were going to report him.

Guess what?  Yes, you guessed it, he's still playing.  He'll probably still be playing a month from now, if not longer.

Please, someone tell me how it might be "latency variations", or something like that that's fooling me into thinking this guy is cheating when really he isn't.

There was another one tonight, in effect he killed everyone on the opposing team four times, sniping, only died a few times.  Again, a long list of players reported him, and no doubt he'll still be in the game a month from now, two months, three....

"Privacy policies"--that's right kids, you can't even be told that a screen name having no connection to a real person has been banned.  Meanwhile, PUBG Corp. will send you a message that a cheater you reported has been banned, and typically that happens within 24-48 hours.  PUBG can do it, EA can't.  Or maybe it isn't that EA can't do it, maybe it's just that they don't want to.

We are at the point where nothing from any representative of EA or DICE has any credibility with most players of this game.  You folks at EA need to understand this, you can make any claims about how you're fighting cheating you like--nobody believes you because we can see how empty your words are every time we play.

Message 6 of 22 (4,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Okay, so a few items here. @parkingbrake 

No name and shame on the forums, that rule is easy we don't want to start witch hunts on the forums for X, Y and C. It never ends well. That is why that kind of content is moderated, you may not like and that is fine but you still need to follow it. 

Keep in mind because you see the same name twice don't mean its the same account. 

Because we don't have perfect network across the world with 10ms everywhere, you can get some very funky battles with players that are in 150ms+ in the game, it a natural side effect thanks to latency. ( believe it or not this a thing in all MP games) 

Everyone has an easy time to scream cheating for nothing, hell even I have been called cheater for pulling off stupid stunts in the game or have a good round. Players can be good in Battlefield V and you can do some insane kills because the game allows you to play like that. 

Do I say there are no Cheaters in the game? No. There are and we have a really dedicated team working on it. 

Also for reference this is my personal play time in Battlefield V.
image.png

/Atic
Message 7 of 22 (4,681 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just switch to EAC, or even better, to BattlEye. Just take a look at Rainbow Six: Siege, or PUBG, and how they are dealing with cheaters 24/7, even macro users that using rapid fire or no recoil scripts. At PUBG, you''ll get personal confirmation that the cheater you are reported, has banned, not banned, and if ban was justified. I reported a suspected cheater some days ago at PUBG for radar cheat and aimbot, and just last night i received the confirmation, he is banned and was cheating, as i suspected. I can't believe, EA, one of the top gaming publishers in the world, cannot deal with cheating problem in Battlefield V. Fairfight is broken,outdated,i don't know what might be, but is just isn't working. At Battlefield 4+1 i saw plenty of cheaters caught and banned. At BFV, zero, expect some really nasty ones that they banned after 3-4 months, and thousands of video proofs.

Message 8 of 22 (4,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic 

'believe it or not this a thing in all MP games'

Do you know what else is a thing in all MP games? A working anti-cheat

When you focus on implementing a BR mechanism into a Massively Multiplayer game that is riddled with cheaters (cuz if going 200-1 is netcode then you have even bigger problems) and then cheaters consistently win and drive away players how do you not admit that cheaters are a serious problem and fix it. Just like PUBG was forced to do. 

FIX THE PROBLEM

Cheaters are not in every multiplayer game out there. I only encounter any meaningful numbers when I play BF5. This makes me not play BF5

Message 9 of 22 (4,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It is sad because it ruins the game for everyone else so one depressed person can cheat without any skill to the top
Message 10 of 22 (4,561 Views)