Re: Anthem shuts down computer

★★★★ Novice

DXDiag as requested.

Thank you

Message 11 of 50 (1,073 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So tried clean boot also not working.

Trying EA help again but if they tell me to download the game again, I'm over it, which is frustrating as I was so looking forward to this game.

Message 12 of 50 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update from EAHelp.

Pankaj: I am really sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to inform you that this is the known issue going on right now where players are unable to  progress past "See in the dark" mission.
Pankaj: Our technical team is working relentlessly on it to fix this at the earliest . I request you to please wait and co operate with us as you are our valuable player and this what expected from our valuable players in this situation.

Message 13 of 50 (1,046 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i wonder if it has to do with 1080 TI.   I notice that is the common thing between us posters.

Message 14 of 50 (1,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No idea what it could be, OP said rx480 and AMD 8350, Reavsey with 2080ti you with AMD 1700x. I just hope it will get fixed with the day one patch.

Message 15 of 50 (1,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Monitor your temperatures. PCs can shut down to prevent overheating.

The game has high CPU usage in loading screens due to a high framerate cap. Limiting framerates using software like RivaTuner may help. (I also use RivaTuner in combination with MSI Afterburner to monitor hardware usage and temps.)

Someone else in this thread suggested a power supply issue. Check temperatures first, though. That's easier to identify.

I don't work for EA.

Message 16 of 50 (1,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not temp related or at least mine isn't nor is it my PSU

Message 17 of 50 (981 Views)

★★ Guide

Anthem need stable overclock setting on pc. I have this issue before during first day in anthem . but after my pc is fix. I not have this issue :o

Message 18 of 50 (976 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found a full reinstall of the game fixed it for me. I had issues when I played during the installation on the "PLAYABLE" bit on Origin on my first install, second install I let it do it's thing and only loaded the game once it had fully installed.

Message 19 of 50 (950 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So the patch fix the crash with the particular mission but now it crashes randomly, Played for hours smooth as butter next day tried my first stronghold, crashed 2 min in rejoined completed the stronghold but it didn't count as a completion, anyway played a couple of hours again started free roam to complete vaults and bam crash again. Running no overclock on cpu, ram or gpu all temps are normal. I run ccleaner every time a crash happens and the run a repair game. This might just be the way I'm gonna have to play it.

Message 20 of 50 (904 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help