Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem shuts down computer

by KnightLion007

Original Post

Anthem shuts down computer

★★★★ Newbie

A buddy of mine's PC keeps crashing after a couple minutes of launching the game. We tried a few troubleshooting steps but didn't at all. Is anyone else having this issue. If so, did you find a fix?

Thermaltake PSU 650 WATT

AMD 8350 Proccessor 4.0GHZ

16gigs RAM

radeon RX 480

Message 1 of 50 (5,561 Views)

★ Guide

Far likely issue is "bad" shape of PC itself. I suggest do full RAM test (proper one, not one that Windows provides). Check both temperature and RPM of the coolers, and physical check of all your coolers.

Message 2 of 50 (5,518 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this exact problem. Played through the tutorial while game was preloading with no issue. Currently running memtest 86 to see if I have any memory issues.

In my case nothing gets hot or overheats it just shuts the pc down anything from 1-10 minutes into a mission. Seems to be fine in the fort. 

PC is running an i9900k and 2080 Ti with 16gb ram, so really shouldn't be having issues with this game. 

Message 3 of 50 (5,478 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Anyone find a fix for this? All I can think of is it's creating power supply Flux because nothing is getting hot, and my pc load is like 70%.

I7 7700k
Msi 1080ti
32gb ram
Maximus formula ix
Corsair 1000i
Message 4 of 50 (5,415 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue. Every other task is fine. Run anthem and computer shuts down without any warning. Thermals are normal. Had this problem with the demo. Other EA Games ie: Battlefront 2, Battlefront V working normally.  Video rendering where cores are used  maxed doesn't shut down comp. Problem is obviously software related.

Asus crosshair vi hero

1700x @ 4.0ghz

16 GB 3200mhz G.skill

EVGA ftw3 1080TI

Corsair AIO H100

Message 5 of 50 (5,348 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same issue. The event log doesn't even pick it up. It just tells me the system shut down unexpectedly. It only happens during missions, so it makes me think it's related to the many network issues the game has.
Message 6 of 50 (5,341 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I agree.
Message 7 of 50 (5,322 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also have the same issue but mine doesn't seem time related in fact I can 100% replicate it. PC keeps crashing at a specific point in a mission and so I can't progress in the game. I've been told by EAHelp to reinstall the game and a bunch of other things but nothing is helping.

Specs: i7 7700k

GTX 1080ti

16gb Ram

NVME SSD

Corsair Hx1000 psu

Windows 10 x64

Also ran stress tests just to be sure, pc stays stable.

Message 8 of 50 (5,316 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

So tried running on low settings, having an older driver installed still crashing. Kinda over the game even before I got to enjoy it.

Message 9 of 50 (5,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hey @KnightLion007 

Are you able to put up a Dxdiag report? Maybe something might be highlighted there as a start?

See if we can get you and others running.

Wink

_________________________ AHQ Answers _________________________

I am not an EA employee.

Drop some XP if you think I or someone has helped you with a query.

Mark the person who provided you an answer.

Muchas gracias!
Message 10 of 50 (5,263 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help