Anthem running 100% cpu and max ram usage

by mathieuderuyck

Original Post

Anthem running 100% cpu and max ram usage

★★★ Novice

Whenever I connect to the game (press space bar to continue) on PC, my ram usage goes all the way up to 13 gb (I only have 16 gb) and the cpu mainly runs at 100% all the time. It shouldn’t be like that since It’s only in this game.

Because of this fps drops and broken anti-aliasing as well, shimmering, jaggies, aliased textures when moving character. 

I have read many others have the same problem, I already tried all steps like reinstalling game, launchers, drivers,... more painful is the fact that it didnt run on 100% cpu in the first days I played it but there’s definitely something broken.

Ryzen 5 3600
Rtx 3070 3x
16 gb ram
Ssd

Message 1 of 4 (924 Views)

Re: Anthem running 100% cpu and max ram usage

★★★ Guide

Download the EA Desktop app.

Message 2 of 4 (911 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am playing the game with that. Obviously.

Message 3 of 4 (885 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@mathieuderuyck The EA Desktop App is currently in beta and will eventually replace the Origin launcher. I think @agentcgbspender was suggesting you use the beta EA Desktop app, as some people have reported that this solves some of the CPU issues that the Origin launcher causes.

You can install the EA Desktop App concurrently with the Origin launcher, just be sure to quit the Origin launcher and it’s background process before running the EA Desktop App (and vis a versa). I have both installed and can use either.
Message 4 of 4 (805 Views)