Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem keeps shutting down my ps4

by Foshjunk

Original Post

Highlighted

Anthem keeps shutting down my ps4

★★★★ Novice

Please get this fixed. I want this game to succeed; this is frustrating AF. 

Message 1 of 21 (3,189 Views)

Re: Anthem keeps shutting down my ps4

★★ Novice

Friend and myself just finished playing for the night and when we both went to close the game application it shut down our ps4s. She keep losing connection to group all night as well and she has better internet connection then myself.

Message 2 of 21 (3,132 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's happened to me twice, once during a game crash and once while closing application.

Message 3 of 21 (3,062 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Same here happened twice when I was closing down the game...

Message 4 of 21 (2,991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ya wth is this? I've never had a game completely turn off my ps4. Only when I go to "close application". This is some virus/malware level hax lol.

Plz fix!

Message 5 of 21 (2,854 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup. Same thing happened to me the other night. Took my PS4 ages to boot back up aswell. Also been having issues with Anthem just closing itself down mid-game. Please fix this because I'm really enjoying this game and it's ruining my experience!

Message 6 of 21 (2,844 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well. I’m too afraid to play the game now. It’s crashed my PS4 three times now. And only when I’m closing the game application. The game was fine for me on Saturamd Sunday, but now it’s unplayable as it has a hard time connecting to EA severs and is kicking me out left and right.

Message 7 of 21 (2,817 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Me too, twise. First time it seemed like it switched it off but I needed to pull the power cord to get it back up again. Second time it didnt go black but I got the movable ps4 background so I tried holding the ps button to quit the game, but got selection to switch off or reset. Obviously choosing one of them just froze the thing completely.
Never seen anything crash that hard before on the ps4
Message 8 of 21 (2,800 Views)

★★★★ Novice
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PS4-pro-Anthem-causes-console-crash/m-p/7585857#M15282

Same issue, please focus on that thread so all frustration is gathered in one bundle Wink easier to get noticed.
Message 9 of 21 (2,718 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
At the moment, I'm just avoiding the "close application" function. Will see what happens when I allow the PS4 to auto suspend/close by itself.
Message 10 of 21 (2,663 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help