Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem keeps eating up all the RAM and crashing

by Docta1

Original Post

Anthem keeps eating up all the RAM and crashing

★★★★ Newbie

i took a look at the system events and i keep seeing "Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: Anthem.exe (8428) consumed 12094304256 bytes"  seems like anthem has a memory leak or just eating up all the RAM which is why i suspect a lot of people are crashing just like me.

maybe increasing the paging file will work but hopefully it gets patched soon

500 ssd

16 GB RAM 

2070 rtx

Message 1 of 7 (683 Views)

Re: Anthem keeps eating up all the RAM and crashing

★★★★ Novice
That's how Just Cause 3 was too, only it wasn't a triple A title with tons of hype and 5 years of development. I play console now, which usually means a seamless gaming experience - except with Anthem, of course.
Message 2 of 7 (632 Views)

Re: Anthem keeps eating up all the RAM and crashing

★★★★ Newbie

Literally Same Specs as OP. 9700k liquid cooled, 2070 ect. hitting temps of  ~80 on GPU and 75 on CPU.
running most games CPU cap temp is 60. literally crashed 3-4 times within 2 hours. this game is crashing every second mission. dying here!!

Message 3 of 7 (564 Views)

Anthem memory leak

★★★★ Novice

I would like to report a memory leak issue with anthem.

The loads in at 8gb of system ram, and keeps climbing untill it has used all available ram and causes a crash to desktop.

I had it happen 4 times before i reached out to eahelp on twitter, and while troubleshooting and chatting it happened and i managed to document it with the attached images twice.

Thank you to Logan at EAhelp for taking me seriously and sticking through all the troubleshooting.

Issue is not resolved but it feels good to have ones issue acknowledged after having had this issie across two system configurations, 4 windows reinstalls, countless ddu, ccleaner etc etc since launch. Anyone who has crash to desktop or hung device please download fpsmonitor or some overlay and keep an eye on your ram and vram.

EA/Bioware please fix this, it is not healthy for my pc.

Message 4 of 7 (565 Views)

Re: Anthem memory leak

★★ Guide

>_>

need new window ? shal we 

i never got this issue 

well when i got issue or security risk . or i mistake click a link . i always hit panic button 

my panic button protocol is clear  . pick up not use nvme . use window disc on it. clear everything . delete parton . install everything from start include window it self :0

cheer 

Message 5 of 7 (492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi and thank you for taking the time to stop by, but no, windows was installed in the weekend ,updated on monday of this week. And the mempry leak is only apparen when origin and anthem are active.

Message 6 of 7 (364 Views)

★★ Guide

@AdaephonX wrote:

Hi and thank you for taking the time to stop by, but no, windows was installed in the weekend ,updated on monday of this week. And the mempry leak is only apparen when origin and anthem are active.

no idea. no one talk about memory leak before :0 maybe you are the first. 

a game spend  medium rate memory but I forget now how much , couz I not able to play it . well it spend max memory on my both vga on SLI :0 

I am 4K ultra max player . 

cheer 

Message 7 of 7 (262 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help