Re: Anthem has destroyed my CPU

by PinkieNymph

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue with Anthem. It loads my CPU 100% at all times and temperatures start to rise 80c+. I have tired to play it 4 times this weekend and it takes about 3 minutes until my CPU temps spike into the low 80c and I quit the game. No issue with the GPU only the CPU.  I just finished building my system everything is new. The only game I have this issue with is Anthem. Every other game I play my CPU usuage and temps are normal (60% and around 65c temp). I only have issues with Anthem and refuse to play it. I have turned my OC off and lowered grqaphics to low with no change in how Anthem runs. I have no issue with heat or CPU load on any other benchmark, program, app or game. ONLY ANTHEM. My Nvidia drivers are up to date. I have tried everything to get Anthem to run and it just scorches my CPU.

i5 9600k with ASUS EZ Tuner OC

ASUS Z=370  Motherboard

ASUS RTX Strix 2070

ASUS GT 501 Midtower case

40 GB Teamforce RAM DDR4  

Coolermaster MA610P CPU Cooler

Masterfan MF120R case fans 

EVGA 750 G2 Gold PSU

Message 11 of 16 (1,443 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@abc351509595 wrote:

I am having an issue with Anthem. It loads my CPU 100% at all times and temperatures start to rise 80c+. I have tired to play it 4 times this weekend and it takes about 3 minutes until my CPU temps spike into the low 80c and I quit the game. No issue with the GPU only the CPU.  I just finished building my system everything is new. The only game I have this issue with is Anthem. Every other game I play my CPU usuage and temps are normal (60% and around 65c temp). I only have issues with Anthem and refuse to play it. I have turned my OC off and lowered grqaphics to low with no change in how Anthem runs. I have no issue with heat or CPU load on any other benchmark, program, app or game. ONLY ANTHEM. My Nvidia drivers are up to date. I have tried everything to get Anthem to run and it just scorches my CPU.

newbie -_-

why you digging a post is already deepsix in this forum up . 

and if cpu is not have temp over 80c ? what is suppose to be on cpu temp ? may I silly ask 

This game spend cpu around 80 - 90 percentage and I happy to see it .its better than other game Is I still play

its low graphic than anthem . not light and sound but Its spend cpu never over 60 percentage . but its cap performance at only 150 % render.

that mean its have a lot of space of hardware resource avaible but its not eat that resource -__-

I hate a bad boi is not eat a thing is I feed -__-

well Lets back to our point. oh yes I share this PC to someone. He build it and control it . We share by plug NVME stick to a plug beside CPU plug .

and He use it for his work . and His work spend CPU  80 - 90 % percentage all the time and about temp I am sure its over 80 . couz I can hear water pump fan so loud.. and its never

become and issue for a computer -__-  . couz sometime its open over a day for his work just only 1 batch work

I am very happy to see Anthem use cpu usage same as He use it for his work . -_- instead of I play a game is lower graphic than anthem but its cap at only 150% render not 200% render

and that game never think about use a plenty room is cpu have

cheer

Message 12 of 16 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

No offense but if 100 % cpu load can damage cpu's then I´d blame the cpu manufacturer rather than a software...

If 100 % cpu load overheats your cpu then your cooling solution isnt good enough (or something is wrong with the thermal paste) and/or you simply didn't activate the overheating protection in the bios. Both of which noone but you can be blamed for.

Even back in the days of the 100 % cpu load bug I've never had problems with the cpu and if I would have had I would have blamed my cooling system because it needs to be able to deal with 100 % cpu load!

Message 13 of 16 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@InvaderMoon I agree- this was one of the first games I bought on my new NZXT computer last year. First time booting it up my whole computer crashed- when booted it back up none of my display ports ever worked again... all fuzzy and greyscale if anything even decided to show
Message 14 of 16 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Novice
@InvaderMoon LOL, you obviously know nothing about PC hardware. It's more than likely you have a crappy cooler or your system is not ventilated enough to maintain proper operating temps. All games run at 80 - 100% of the CPU, and if you're running at Ultra settings, with a subpar budget CPU with subpar cooling, then that is all on you, and not EA or Bioware.
I run on a 2Gen AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AF (Basically a binned 2600) with no problems at all with the CPU being overclocked at 3.8Ghz 24/7 for over 3 years now, with no problem at all.

Again this is nothing but user error, and has nothing to do with EA or Bioware.
Message 15 of 16 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok you knew your CPU was pegged at 100% and you just kept going? I use AIDA64 Extreme and keep track of CPU/GPU usages and temps and if you pay attention to your system you would NEVER have an overload on the CPU or GPU. Sorry it happened to you, I hope you monitor your hardware better now.

Message 16 of 16 (829 Views)