Re: Anthem has destroyed my CPU

by InvaderMoon

Original Post

Anthem has destroyed my CPU

★★★★ Apprentice

I have complained many of times about the overloading CPU bug and never gets acknowledged by devs or EA support but many of people have it. Many of kind players on the forums try and help one even got it fixed but days later the game updated and it broke again and went back to overloading the game. Don't bother trying to fix the problem now the damage is done and i don't even play the game anymore nor will in the future.

I used to think the problem was only with anthem and it was but after a month of playing the game running at 100% load it has damaged my CPU to the point i had to buy another one. I used to play other games no problem games like satisfactory and even slime rancher 0 problems but even now I cant do anything without lots of crashing and freezing. 

I only hope the devs get off their lazy * and fix this problem people have been having SINCE DAY F*** ONE and no one elses computer get broken.

Message 1 of 16 (3,908 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Which CPU and RAM do you have? Have you overclocked them? What voltage has been applied to the CPU and RAM? What was the CPU temperature?

Message 2 of 16 (3,889 Views)

★ Guide

You can run cpu/gpu on 100% 24/7, that's the power they advertized and what you payed for. If a cpu dies it's usually due to environmental failures such as cooling, even then the motherboard shuts the system off to prevent cpu damage, so i don't know what happened to your cpu.

Message 3 of 16 (3,857 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@InvaderMoon wrote:

I have complained many of times about the overloading CPU bug and never gets acknowledged by devs or EA support but many of people have it. Many of kind players on the forums try and help one even got it fixed but days later the game updated and it broke again and went back to overloading the game. Don't bother trying to fix the problem now the damage is done and i don't even play the game anymore nor will in the future.

I used to think the problem was only with anthem and it was but after a month of playing the game running at 100% load it has damaged my CPU to the point i had to buy another one. I used to play other games no problem games like satisfactory and even slime rancher 0 problems but even now I cant do anything without lots of crashing and freezing. 

I only hope the devs get off their lazy * and fix this problem people have been having SINCE DAY F*** ONE and no one elses computer get broken.

once again a post with little information as well as insults. honestly people need to learn to be civil. I have been running anthem on pc since launch and I am around 60-70% cpu at most. if your cpu or gpu fried that is due to an issue with your cooling system (fan or water) running a CPU at 100% will not damage it as that is the load it can take at max. what damages it are people who for SOME REASON think they do not need to give their case room to breath or maintain it. I clean my fans 2 times a month due to having pets. So before you come here insult the devs who are BUSTING THEIR * you might want to take a look in the mirror. Honestly if coding was so easy we would have less CRAP in early access on steam.

Message 4 of 16 (3,851 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@AI_AB_AI i5 4690k not overclocked watercooler never goes past 50°c 32gb ram not overclocked everything is stock. The computer can handle the game I saw a video of a guy recording gameplay on ultra with 0 problems. Why cant people understand this is a big and not hardware problems.

Message 5 of 16 (3,835 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SatheA idk I have my CPU watercooler not overclocked or.anything. never goes past 50 degrees and that was playing anthem. The quality of gameplay decreed rapidly after playing anthem. I watch movies or streams while gaming and it went from lagging while streaming and gaming so having to turn streams off while gaming to then gaming just being bogged down and lowering graphics to it being unplayable. Never had problems like this until I have been playing anthem.

Message 6 of 16 (3,834 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MagikarpsGhost  because I'm sick of reposting my specs over and over and people saying the same * like oh you over clocked it or its overheating. I5 4690k not overclock and watercooler not going past 50 degrees 32gb of ram 1070ti. All gets cleaned out about a month. Yes older CPU and yes I saw people playing on ultra while recording gameplay with the exact same CPU so yes this problem is a bug no ammount of game options will change it overloading my CPU I spent days and days trying. I fixed it one time and it ran at 70% for a few days and the game updated fuxking it up again back to 100%. And what exactly have the revs been busting their * on. Recycling content over and over for free play events?? Giving out the garbage crafting mats that everyone have 1million off in the free stronghold boxes??? Cutting bits off of older decals rotating them 90° and calling them new decals lol. Yes some devs deserve lots of credit but as a hole no. They bragged about having a 6year development but only spent like 15months actually doing something. W/e I dont care about this game anymore it's a joke and it's getting worse lol

Message 7 of 16 (3,824 Views)

I'm popping this thread in 'Technical Issues' as it is one of those. Oops

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 16 (3,816 Views)

★★★★ Guide

High CPU load should not damage the CPU. CPUs might be damage by high temperatures or excessive voltages applied, or by both of these two factors.

I have experienced high CPU usage right after starting Anthem in the end of February or beginning of March. Since then this issue has been fixed for me. The CPU usage is about 40% right after starting the game and is about 15-25% when doing strongholds or missions. CPU temperature is about 50-60C and I have an i9 9900k@4.9GHz 1.27V. Excessive RAM voltage or internal CPU voltages might also damage the CPU, this is the reason why I have applied all the important voltages manually.

My girlfriend who has an i5 7600k@4.8GHz 1.20V also has experienced high CPU usage during the same time frame. The issue is fixed for her as well.

Have you tried Windows clean install to check whether there is an issue with the Windows itself that could have been behind the high CPU usage in Anthem?

Message 9 of 16 (3,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@InvaderMoon wrote:

@SatheA idk I have my CPU watercooler not overclocked or.anything. never goes past 50 degrees and that was playing anthem. The quality of gameplay decreed rapidly after playing anthem.

Then my guess is you must have used toothpaste for thermal compound, and/or didn’t apply it properly. If your CPU was running at 100% and getting hot enough to get damaged, I’m preetty sure it must have been getting hotter than 50 degrees. The fact that the heat wasn’t getting transferred to the cooling system is on the genius that installed it.

Message 10 of 16 (3,780 Views)