Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem freeplay server shutdown

by DesertSauvignon

Original Post

Re: Anthem freeplay server shutdown

★★★★ Novice

I got the game recently and I dont know how I am going to get 100 events done for the challenge when I too get kicked every 5 to 10 minutes due to  "server shut down"

Message 21 of 30 (380 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have the same problem PC

it happens when the audio from new events is playing then i get disconected with massage server shut down.

so it have to do with the new events.

Message 22 of 30 (365 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well think everybody is affected by this problem, just got back to the game in order to play the new pre cata event, but I think I will quit again, untill things are fixed up. Really annoying.

Message 23 of 30 (357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The game has been relatively stable till the pre-cataclysm assets started showing up.

I'm usually able to enter freeplay and complete a few world missions, including the event ones where you smash the crystals.

However, problems start to arise after about an hour in freeplay. I am forcibly kicked out citing server shut down. This happens without warning and usually around the hour mark.

I can go onto to play strongholds without further issues, but when attempting to go back to freeplay, there have been a few occasions where I crash to desktop...Frown

To note, I am referring to the PC version of the game; standard edition.

-- Update --

Attempted to join a freeplay session earlier, which I was able to do initially. This time I was kicked out after 15 mins. I did notice there were not as many elementals randomly spawning like I saw over the weekend. I had completed a few missions (the types which do not reward with a chest at the end). Heard a prompt about crystals forming and for nearby freelancers to assist, which I attempted to do. As I got closer to the target area, I crashed out with the server shut down message. This happened the other times I crashed, but didn't think it significant to mention at the time.

-- Update 27th July 2019 --

Managed to spend more than an hour in freeplay, but I think it was due to me entering the world event instances. I notice I seem to be fine doing those. However, after exiting I experienced an immediate kick to Fort Tarsis citing server shutdown again. Earlier today I exited and attempted to end my freeplay session. Instead I ended up crashing out of the game entirely.

Message 24 of 30 (343 Views)

★★ Novice
@SeLeXeL same as me, i'm on ps4 and every time i jump into freeplay, after 5-10 minutes -> server shutdown.
And i also confirm that the game was stable till the pre-cataclysm assets started showing up.
Message 25 of 30 (317 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Server shut down Server shut down all the time on freeplay , bug bug bug all the time , good last update. 1 week is over and u dont have fix this * . all have this Problem! .good Job....

Message 26 of 30 (230 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has started happening for me since the crystal events (I'm on Xbox). Random crashes to the loading screen saying the server shutdown. Not just in Freeplay, also in the Fort.

Message 27 of 30 (224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I have to admit to just having my first successful playthrough on Freeplay without being kicked for any inadvertent reason.  It was around 40 minutes long, without incident, and ended by me the through map and return to Fort Tarsis by holding the square button (the way it should be every time).  I'm not admitting everything is fixed yet, but I noticed normality finally (including multiple and random world events issued). 

Message 28 of 30 (165 Views)

★★ Novice
@JoeConk32 did they fix it?
Message 29 of 30 (132 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PBQSMMXIII, sadly no not yet. I thought I had experienced a fix because I got to play that Freeplay session for about 3/4 of an hour without a kick and voluntary end back to Fort Tarsis, but the very next session I played I got kicked within about 20 min.
Message 30 of 30 (128 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help