Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem freeplay server shutdown

by kronikNder

Original Post

Anthem freeplay server shutdown

★★★★ Novice

Anthem freeplay enforced shutdown:

I gather this is a common issue, though I don't see any answers anywhere. Every time I play freeplay on Anthem (so that's 100% of the time...), after a while it kicks me out, stating the servers are shutdown. I return to Fort Tarsis. I am then able to immediately start another mission, so I suspect this is not actually the servers shutting down, but an unresolved bug.

Message 2 of 16 (522 Views)

Server shutdown

★★★★★ Novice

I tried hard to understand how this works. Except that now it looks does not announce when is shutting down, I don’t get how it works.

- Why is accepting players when shutdown countdown already started?

I can stay hours I’f I collect only MW an Legendary (when once in a blue moon are dropped).  Yesterday twice I had the game restarting due to server shutdown.

- Why? And least you could trigger expedition end.

please review 

Message 1 of 16 (389 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DesertSauvignon 

Thanks for letting us know that this issue occurs again. Just to be sure - you've noticed that before the recent Anthem update or after it?

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 16 (510 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same problem. I’m playing Free Play 99% of the time and since yesterday’s download (version 1.10) I haven’t intentionally left a a Free Play  session even once. I’ve been booted out due to this supposed “Server Shutdown” every time. 

Message 4 of 16 (496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its been happening to me since tgis lates update . 

Message 5 of 16 (484 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here, on PC. Last hour I was kicked back to menu 4 times when in freeplay. Server shut down 3 times and lost connection to EA servers 1 time. Could just return to Tarsis and go on a new freeplay, so no, no lost connection from my side..

I have had a total hard crash after 1.10 patch, nothing worked but a hard reboot.

I have not bothered to go on any missions as I do not want to risk being kicked from those.

Message 6 of 16 (472 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone!

Thanks for providing more information! Our team is investigating it right now.

/Ataashi

Message 7 of 16 (434 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So as of yesterday I can now play freeplay without this happening! Maybe due to the update? Very glad for this, whatever the reason. Long may it continue. Anthem is the game I've been waiting for all my life :-)

Message 8 of 16 (420 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

It start last night I keep getting kick from freeplay in my Colossus. All day today also. Server shut down notification following kick. 

Message 9 of 16 (380 Views)

★★★★ Novice
same here on the PS4
Message 10 of 16 (353 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help