Anthem Won't Launch

by CrockyBalboa76

Original Post

Anthem Won't Launch

★★★ Newbie

I am an Origin Premier member and preloaded Anthem yesterday.

Today when I click on the Play button in the Origin application nothing happens. It shows my desktop momentarily and then the Origin application appears on screen again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game a few times and that didn't resolve it. I have updated the game a few times and nothing. Don't know what to do at this point.

Message 1 of 386 (27,387 Views)

Re: Anthem Won't Launch

★★★ Novice

open task manager and expand the origin process, sounds like your game is still running, just end task on the anthem process on drop down

Message 2 of 386 (27,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it happens to me too, it does not show in the Task Manager Origin processes after crash, as suggested

Message 3 of 386 (27,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue.  No error on crash and Anthem.exe does not show up in the Task manager.  Click 'Play' and Origin minimises for a few seconds and then reappears. 'Play' button in initially greyed out but then becomes clickable again. System meets minimum specs (only just but it's there).  Updated NVIDIA drivers.  Verified game, reinstalled Origin, reinstalled NVIDIA drivers, run both Origin and Anthem as admin.  Clean boot done.  Same result, no launch. DXDIAG attached for reference.

Message 4 of 386 (27,232 Views)

Betreff: Anthem Won't Launch

★★★ Novice

DO you have an AMD Phenom or an Intel Core2 CPU? Then it won't start, until BioWare fixes it, the Game doesn't support SSE4e. It requires SSE4.1 or 4.2. I hve an Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition and have the same Problem. You just have to wait until they fix it.

Message 5 of 386 (27,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes this is my issue then I have a 

AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T 

Which is arguably better than the minimum cpu but still does not use SSE 4.1. Looks like from this thread it’s not likely to be fixed so either no Anthem or buy a new CPU 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Anthem-Demo-is-only-for-SSE-4-1/td-p/7371355/page/4

Not great either way. 

Message 6 of 386 (27,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've the same issues...

But i've an intel i5, and i've played the open beta

Message 7 of 386 (27,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Got the same/similar issue

When I click on play, Origin Window closes, I see the game process in the Task Manager for a few seconds, then it disappears and opens Origin again.

No error message, nothing.

Intel i9-9900K, so I don't think the CPU is the problem in my case.

Message 8 of 386 (27,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exact same probleme here. Frown

Message 9 of 386 (27,077 Views)

★★★ Novice

same problem with i5

Message 10 of 386 (27,000 Views)