Re: Anthem Won't Launch

by MOJayhawker

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

It was the CH Products devices being plugged in that was causing the problem. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Message 371 of 386 (2,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't believe I read this being a known issue or anything in the 30+ pages of replies but if it was already mentioned forgive me. After a couple days of troubleshooting and digging through crash dumps and event logs I figured out that even though the on board graphics are disabled in the bios Anthem was trying to use the on-board video instead of the RTX 2060 (makes perfect sense). I had tried the previous suggestions about creating Nvidia profiles to make sure the game was loading via the discrete gfx card (it's not discrete at all), reinstalling origin client/anthem, and deleting specific files/folders but none of that worked. I assume my situation may have been slightly unique as I could not find any reference to the Intel gfx driver being installed in programs & features or in device manager but the event logs show that when attempting to launch Anthem the OS would run windows updates for an intel driver that wasn't 100% clear what it was but turned out it was the Intel HD gfx driver which would result in either a BSOD or the Origin client closing then reopening with the game never launching (screen didn't go black). I downloaded Guru3D's Display Driver Uninstaller, booted into safe mode, ran DDU, selected Intel as the manufacture and selected clean & shutdown. After booting to normal mode Anthem is working normally again.

Message 372 of 386 (2,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same 

Message 373 of 386 (2,529 Views)

★★★ Novice

So Do you still have problem with that? what you do? cause I try find a solution about this a couple of days ,delete and install the game 5 times now....

Message 374 of 386 (2,172 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep.  Same problem with all ea games.  I've literally done everything in this thread at least twice.  I'm calling to get a refund.

Message 375 of 386 (2,151 Views)

★★ Novice

...?

Message 376 of 386 (2,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having the same issue on my computer now. Grandma couldn't get Anthem to boot and there's no entry in the Task Manager that says it's running.

Grandma gets cranky if she can't shoot things in a virtual PC world. Wink

It started after the last Origin update for me.
After 3 days of searching and trial and error, here's what worked for me. Hope it helps someone.

-I uninstalled the game completely from my system using Revo uninstaller. You can get it free for a 30 day trial and it cleans all traces of the game from the system.
-I uninstalled Origin using Revo also.

-Unplug any peripheral gaming devices like joysticks or controllers.
-Restarted the computer.
-Reinstalled Origin using a new download, NOT the existing OriginThinSetup copy in my downloads folder. I deleted the old one.
-Signed into Origin.
-Instead of installing Anthem on my outside drive as I usually would, I installed it on the C:/ drive where Origin is.
-After it installed, I went to the game folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Anthem\__Installer\directx\redist. I clicked on DXSETUP and reinstalled Directx.
-Then, I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Anthem\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist. I clicked on vcredist_64 and repaired the C++ installation.
-Next, I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Anthem\__Installer\vc\vc2013 and clicked on vcredist_64 there and repaired C++ again.
-Then, I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Anthem\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist and repeated the repair process there. I had a newer version of C++ than that one so it didn't update. Your computer might be different so do give it a try.

+After that, I went to Windows 10 settings, system, sound. In the upper right hand corner, I clicked Sound Control Panel. Right click on your speaker rig and choose properties. On the Advanced tab, select the lowest setting on the Default format dropdown menu. For me it is 16 bit, 44100 HZ (CD Quality). (NOTE: While not necessarily considered a fix for this problem, I did this step to correct the dreaded sound cut out issue. You may skip this step if you don't have sound problems.)
-Restart your system

I was able to get into Anthem with no issues after I did this.

Please note that your folder addresses might be different than mine for Directx and vc2012-15. These are the default addresses if you have the game installed on your C:/ drive.

I do hope this helps someone out there and that EA/Bioware takes notice of this issue ASAP. It's a problem that kills the game experience and drives away players. Plus, it's no way to run a company if you ask Grandma. Heart

Message 377 of 386 (1,702 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so how do wanna fix problem..?

Message 378 of 386 (1,351 Views)

Betreff: Anthem Won't Launch

★ Guide

I have had the same problem which I could just fix by reinstalling Origin (without uninstalling it before).

Message 379 of 386 (1,312 Views)

★ Novice

I just had this issue and happened to check my NVIDIA driver as a last ditch attempt. I launched the game from the NVIDIA experience app. With Origin logged in, started right up. Go figue.

Message 380 of 386 (753 Views)