Re: Anthem Won't Launch

by Jason33w

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Ladies and gentlemen,

Somehow, and I don't know how, my issue got resolved.  I conducted hours of troubleshooting and attempted every permutation of "fixes" listed in this thread.  Nothing worked. Then for some reason when I ran Anthem from the desktop icon as an administrator, it worked.  I had done this plenty of times, but it worked this time.

To be clear, I am not saying this is the fix.  That would be ridiculous.  I honestly still don't know what the fix truly is.  I personally think there is some other underlying issue that has nothing to do with any of the steps provided here or by EA support.  There is a bug somewhere under the hood that, when caught at the right time fixes itself.  So many people here have had so many different steps "fix" their issue.  This one is on both Bioware and Origin to resolve as I don't think anyone here has found the end-all resolution.

I wish I had more to say or more to offer by way of fixing the issue.  Good luck. Keep trying and I really hope to see you in-game. If you make it, hit me up on PC (Jason33w) for alliance bonuses!!

Message 291 of 386 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. Played the first and second beta and it was fine. The game launched February 15 ( for premium users ) , I installed the almost 5 GB patch when it came out  and didnt launch, I changed language of the game and it worked, few days passed and resintalled the game again and it wont lunch anymore.

Message 292 of 386 (960 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, Hope this can help fixing the issue

I played the game for 34 hours, premier early access, on my laptop until last Friday feb 23, then my laptop had a hardware problem.

I built a new desktop, 9700k with 2080ti and 16gb RAM, i used my 970evo SSD WITHOUT reinstalling Windows, Anthem ran fine, i still had issues since i play on a Dolby vision TV (Sony xf9005), but once i turned off HDR colors were fine. (Even if sometimes It shows 1280*720@30hz when i play 4k@60)

My bluetooth Xbox One controller didn't work, Windows refused to remove the device, same with all BT device...

So i decided to go for a fresh Windows 10, i'm an insider so Windows updated itself to last Fast ring build 19H1. Installed all software and drivers, along with Anthem and BF5.

I was never able to run Anthem, while BF5 runs flawlessly.

I went through all 30 Pages, tried all "fixes", nothing works.

The game log gives Always the same message about some "control table", speak to a developer and fix this issue... And please KNOW how your game/platform works

I'm almost 40, i played hundreds of games on every platform, NEVER ONCE IN 33 YEARS, i had all this issues with a single game, NEVER ONCE i could not even run it, or had so many issues running It on an external monitor (HDMI 2.0 Port with support to any HDR signal, same issues on LG oled B7V), never once i had to spend hours of the little time i have just to to make things work.

This is sad

Message 293 of 386 (930 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Every time i try to run the game and fails, i get the message "A content patch is available" "Refresh to get the update"

Clearly i have all patches installed and hitting refresh does exactly nothing
Message 294 of 386 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Auron80 

Try to clear your Origin cache.
All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test

If that not works, create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 295 of 386 (911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello, thank you very much for trying to help

As i said i tried everything in this thread already, but i tried again what you suggested and doesn't work

- i uninstalled every Gigabyte app, aorus engine, removed any software i didn't have on my previous pc

- the patch message appears only if i run Origin app in Italian, if i use english it doesn't appear after a failed launch > EDIT: appears even in english

As you asked here's my dx diag, hmm actually i'm gonna attach it becausa it's pretty long

Message 296 of 386 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had this problem playing BF2. My game crashed tried to launch and origin disappeared for a few seconds then came back, showed up in task manage and looked like it was trying to but just stops.I searched through so many posts and had seen every single "fix" posted here but same result, none of them worked.  I had read one post which mentioned it has to do with the Cloud Sync Data of your game I dont know if it gets corrupted or what but when you randomly close out of the game(Crashes, alt f4, rightclick close, end task). I gave up but one day just launched it and it worked! Just like what you mentioned. Just keept trying. 

Message 297 of 386 (873 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I never had any issue, i think this is some kind of limitation tied to windows installation

- I had a running installation on my laptop

- moved ssd to new pc without reinstalling anything > anthem works (but i had bluetooth issues, like no controller working no audio)

- reinstalled windows, everything same as before > anthem doesn't work anymore

If people report that "time" fixes this i honestly think this is a license related problem, i wish i could prove this but on my laptop i played only anthem from origin app, actually i got premium 1 year just for that

BF5 is a new installation and works, every other game works (and with no HDR/Dolby vision purple screen crap)

I've been building desktops and laptops for myself or friends over 30 years, never seen this level of inefficiency, i actually understand the hate the game/producer is getting...

Message 298 of 386 (864 Views)

@Auron80 

OK, according to your description Anthem did run on this system until you decided to reinstall Windows 10.

That leaves my to belief that the main problem is with the new OS, especially because you are using the fast ring build 18346 now, that has knowing issues with launching games on at least one foreign language version and also knowing issues with games that use anti-cheat software.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/02/26/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

Using a brand new fast ring build and a brand new Game together is really not an ideal configuration.

There are also several "StoreAgentInstallFailure1" errors, This is an error related to Windows update, but I can't say if it would influence anything regarding the game on this build.

It might be a good idea to install a stable Windows 10 version to a separate partition on your machine, to get a dual boot configuration, and testing the game there.

Apart from that there is no specific Anthem or Origin related error in the DxDiag.

Please go to your Reliability monitor. (Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel", without the quotes, in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the "Anthem.exe" or the "Origin.exe".)

If yes double click at the last entry for the executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Attache this textile and the game log to your next post.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 299 of 386 (853 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, but i had the same problem before updating (yesterday)

The previous build i was using, 18323 if i remember correctly, worked fine on my laptop, worked fine on my desktop before reinstalling windows, didn't work on fresh 18323 on new desktop

This is simply bad programming, bad support, bad use of "beta" which was used as pure marketing. I tested more than 10 games, Anthem is the only one not loading, and the only one i played on origin app 

I'm not gonna reinstall windows just for fun, this build work great and btw

• Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD). > i don't get any GSOD, i don't get anything at all

Message 300 of 386 (848 Views)