Re: Anthem Won't Launch

by Jason33w

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Origin patched today. Still no joy. Day 3?4? without being able to play the effing game ... and still without any EA feedback. This is getting REALLY tiresome. 

Message 281 of 386 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

this solution does not help

Message 282 of 386 (995 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here.  Tried everything in this thread.  Very disappointed.

Message 283 of 386 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Even after all this time, they still haven't fixed this problem.
The only way to find the error is in the crash dump, and the EA tech support is barely helpful and just goes in circles.
I have a better processor and better AMD radeon then required so I shouldn't be having these problems.

ExceptionAddress: 000000014b1e2e23 (Anthem!NvOptimusEnablement+0x00000000070743fb)

ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)

ExceptionFlags: 00000000

NumberParameters: 2

Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000

Parameter[1]: 000000b153390dc8 

Message 284 of 386 (901 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's unbearably frustrating!  I was playing yesterday morning. However, I've been plagued by rebbots in the middle of gameplay all the time. So, after much troubleshooting, I decided to do a clean reinstall of windows. I went from version1803 to 1809. Now, the game won't even start.  Same issue as OP. I can't believe this has gone from bad to worse.  I talked with EA support on the phone and on chat and none of the steps worked. The "escalated" the issue.  I've tried everything listed in this thread as well.  I love this game, I really do. But, man...

Message 285 of 386 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I struggled with the game not launching for a few days on a second and third PC. On one the game crashed at start-up and another it didn't even launch. If you're not seeing a black-flicker and no crash dump file is created in the c:\users\usernamehere\Documents\Anthem\ folder it's a good indication that Origin is preventing the game from launching. There's a post a page or so back (~page 28) on how to clear the Origin cache. However, I suggest checking the Origin log for the Anthem start-up to confirm. The logs are usually stored in c:/ProgramData/Origin/Logs/Anthem_XXXXXXX_OnlineActivation_Log.html. The ProgramData folder is hidden so you'll need to enable viewing of the hidden files and folders under the Windows 'Files and Folders' viewing options. 

If you're seeing a black flicker and the game fails, it suggests that it's actually launching but crashing. In this case, it could video card driver or OS related. I opened a ticket with EA three days ago regarding the game crash issue and I never heard back. Really disappointing launch with so many problems for a $60 pre-order title. The driver/hardware support is one thing, but the Origin launcher problem is really lousy. 

OriginError.PNG

folder-options.jpg

Message 286 of 386 (834 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Seriously we figure how to play the last * patch and you break it again and even worse with your new patch.... Nice Dev

Message 287 of 386 (820 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, bought the game and having spent around two entire days attempting to use all fixes, that both the community and EA help nothing has worked. I can only assume that the game is utterly broken. Going to refund it and give up on this company entirely if games are recklessly released like this.

Message 288 of 386 (751 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem since saturday Devil

I´ve tried everything from this thread, nothing works

Message 289 of 386 (747 Views)

@kTxAtropiN 

A DxDiag might help to see where the problem is.

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for Anthem or Origin.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 290 of 386 (737 Views)