Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem VIP Demo Hard-Crashing PS4 Pro

by iiirise

Original Post

Anthem VIP Demo Hard-Crashing PS4 Pro

★★★★★ Newbie

So, I've experienced the initial connectivity issues, and the infinite loading screen. This isn't that.

I managed to actually step inside a javelin and play once, but several minutes in the application froze. I closed the application, and my PS4 Pro shut down entirely. I had to disconnect/reconnect the power cord just to get the system back up and the controller re-synced.

This just happened again, after an infinite loading screen/"rejoin expedition I was never really on" combo. I haven't seen much about this particular issue, so I figured I'd share.

I'm not going to try playing again, for the health of my console. I don't expect consolatory free shaders or pity-decals upon launch--I just expect the final product to be functional.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (1,230 Views)

Re: Anthem VIP Demo Hard-Crashing PS4 Pro

★★★★ Newbie

Yep, played for about 15 minutes then hard crashed my PS4

Message 2 of 8 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me last night.  I was playing the Anthem demo for the first time last night on my PS4 Pro.  It took forever to get in to a game.  And when it was finally over, my PS4 Pro just hard-crashed.  The game didn't freeze before the crash, but it did freeze a few times while I was trying to get into the game.  It's the first time my PS4 Pro hard-crashed, and it scared the bezessus out of me.  I immediately deleted the demo, because that isn't good on your hard drive and system.  

As for the demo itself, it's nowhere near being a finish product.  It's at least another year or two away from being a finish product, but EA is going to release it this month?  Walking around the opening gathering area is touch-and-go, where the frame-rate is so low it made me dizzy.  I thought the game was going to crash then.  Anthem is going to be worst than when EA first released Battlefield 4.  BF4 was completely unplayable for an entire year.  It took them another 3 years to perfect the game after hundreds of updates and patches.  I have a feeling that the same thing will be repeated with Anthem.  #GreatjobEA.NOT

Message 3 of 8 (1,127 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah similar thing here with PS4 Pro. PS4 Pro crashed when I closed game while it was loading to Fort Tarsis. After that PS4 Pro started with HDD check. Didn`t try game after that.
Message 4 of 8 (1,116 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
PS4 hardcrash while exploring, no issues before hand, game didn't even freeze was running smooth then off goes the ps4
Message 5 of 8 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was trying to force close anthem demo to see if the reason my brother couldnt connect because I was, since we are in same house and have had this problem with other games.  When I closed game, it turned my PS4 off and controller would not turn it back on until the PS4 was unplugged then plugged back in.

Message 6 of 8 (1,046 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Just wandering in free roam and PS4 (Not pro) hard crashed. Had to wait five minutes before being able to power up. First time my PS4 has ever crashed, sorry no more Anthem on my system.

Message 7 of 8 (1,019 Views)

★★★★ Novice

On the full release of anthem.

the game made my PS4 crash yesterday.

after that i was not able to power up the PS4 i had to unplug the power cord and wait a little to plus it again before i can restart the PS4 again.

Message 8 of 8 (801 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help