Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Pink and purple screen when switching to full screen, please help!

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Anthem Turns Purple in Full Screen

★★★★ Novice

I am by no means running a potato of a machine. I have a 2080TI overclocked to 2.1 ghz and an 8700k overclocked to 5.1 ghz. My drivers are all up to date, but when I switch Anthem to full screen through the game menus *when the game actually connected to your shoddy servers so that I was able to do anything* the game turned completely purple. I had to delete my preferences files to undo this issue. I do run on a high end Samsung 4k UHD Tv, but this has caused me no issues with any other game save this. It is obviously some sort of driver issue specific to a generic 4k pseudo-monitor specifically for this game.

https://twitter.com/WilkMilkinson/status/1088873424376745985

that is a link to a video showing the issue.

Message 1 of 68 (1,742 Views)

game is rendering wrong colors when using 2080ti with HDR TV and fullscreen-mode

★★★★ Novice

GPU:MSI trio 2080ti
display:Sony x9300e
output:HDMI 2.0b
drvier version:417.71

When I playing Anthem VIP demo under fullscreen mode , my whole display will show the wrong colors like everything is rendering by pink pixels,besides if i use windows-mode or boardless-mode then is ok,and every other games is ok with fullscreen except Anthem,can you reproduce this issues and got some fix to me?

Message 2 of 68 (1,232 Views)

Re: Anthem Turns Purple in Full Screen

★★★ Newbie
I can run in borderless and it’s no longer purple.
Message 3 of 68 (1,642 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah same issue. Also currently having this issue with Mass Effect Andromeda when enabling Dolby Vision on my Sony X900F. It sucks because I get better performance in full screen on Anthem but because of this bug I have to play borderless. 

Message 4 of 68 (1,598 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Having this same issue right now. Running a 1080ti also connected to a Samsung 4k UHD TV. Game worked fine for a few minutes then seemed to crash. I updated my drivers before rebooting the game and forever since I get purple screen when I try to open it. Even after I close Anthem, my screen remains purple, until I restart my PC.
Message 5 of 68 (1,509 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same for me since last week end, not only in full screen but all modes even windowed, also stays pink after i leave the game so i have to restart the computer, i also have a samsung 4k tv with hdmi cable and latest nvidia drivers on a  2080

Message 6 of 68 (1,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also having the same problem. 4k tv, was running fine this morning and decided to log on now and blue screen and the screen shrinks. Even when I exit the game the screen stays the same until I restart my PC.

Have a GTX 1070, i7 chip, 8 gigs of RAM. It was working perfectly until now. I see others are having the same issue.

Message 7 of 68 (1,439 Views)

Pink and purple screen when switching to full screen, please help!

★★★★ Novice

When I set the game to full screen I get pink and purplish waves all over the screen. It's fine in borderless but I obviously get a huge performance hit. EA please address this issue, it's been like this since the demos. I have a rtx 2080, a 2700x, and I'm playing on a TCL 4k hdr with dolby vision tv.

Message 8 of 68 (1,359 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Pink and purple screen when switching to full screen, please help!

Community Manager

Hey there @MayhemHunter15, it's a Dolby Vision issue, it's being investigated right now by the Anthem team. 

-EA_Cade
Message 9 of 68 (1,354 Views)

Need Option To Disable HDR Or I Can't Play

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I can't play this game on my HDR display. The screen is purple when I try to play the game. I'm using an LG OLED B6P. I'm not the only one having problems with the game and the HDR, so it's not just my display specifically. 

If you gave me an option to disable HDR in the game, I think I could play the game. For now, I'm not going to bother. And I'm not going to buy the full version, either.

Goodbye.

Message 10 of 68 (1,451 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help