Anthem Service unavailable

by GnarledCaptain

Original Post

Anthem Service unavailable

★★★ Newbie

So currently I can't play Anthem even though on the website it says servers are online but my game says Anthem service unavailable. Please help.

Message 1 of 10 (2,096 Views)

Re: Anthem Service unavailable

Champion (Retired)

If you're still having issues with this, answer these two questions for me to start with:

Which platform are you on? (PC, Xbox One or PS4; also helps to know console model too)

Are you playing on a Wired Connection or a Wireless Connection?

Message 2 of 10 (2,029 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 3 of 10 (1,947 Views)

★★ Novice
@RubyJavelin Wired connection.
Message 4 of 10 (1,946 Views)

★★ Novice
It's the pro.
Message 5 of 10 (1,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Red_Gonja1

In your case it's one of two things:

• EA's servers
  • or possibly an ISP issue.

ISP is the less likely thing here, but it never hurts to contact them and ask if the issues are frequent. The game's server are known to have some stability issues, particularly if your connection breaks even for a moment.

Message 6 of 10 (1,916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@GnarledCaptainYou should go through the general connection trouble-shooting steps for the PS4 in the link below. Anthem server connections can be twitchy because of how much info is sent to and from them, but the actual servers are rarely down themselves.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Console-Troubleshooting-Guide/m-p/7477511/highlight/tr...

Message 7 of 10 (1,891 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, I don't understand how I can play all my games except Anthem.  Maybe its a bug? There's a pop-Up that is not letting me play, I paid a lot of money on this game.

Message 8 of 10 (1,868 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Red_Gonja1 What does the pop-up say? Can you get a screenshot and post it?
Message 9 of 10 (1,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was just playing an hour ago and mid mission it went blank and sent me to the main screen. After that it continued to say servers are unavailable check ea.com/games/anthem live-server status. I've checked and It says their online, and I've read that they're shutting down the game all together.

Message 10 of 10 (1,447 Views)