Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem - Quickplay Completely Broken!!

by Sarges24

Original Post

Anthem - Quickplay Completely Broken!!

★★★★ Novice

Please EA/Bioware. Address this SOON!! 

A few nights ago my friend went to eat. Ok, I'll jump in quick play. 15 minutes of a load screen. I shut it down and log back in and it says you are in a game, would you like to continue. What? By that point my friend is back so F it.

Last night I hopped into Quick play, success. I then spent the next 1.5-2 hours joining broken games. Or in a couple instances getting straight booted and losing my loot. As for the broken games. You know, the ones where the objective marker isn't placed, the ones where there should be a ring that raises a meter but instead it's wave after wave of enemy and no ring so the game is in a continuous loop of clearing mobs. And so on. 

Tonight. I just spent an hour going from broken game to broken game. I finally get into one that's starting instead of X way through only to get booted half way through. Log back in, try to rejoin session but then it says session unavailable. Forget exact wording. 

For starters this should not be happening so figure out what's causing the issue and fix it. Secondly, if there actually servers can't you run a server side test to make sure the game is running properly? When it's not go ahead and remove everyone. I loaded into multiple quick plays that had one player still there. The other 3 realized the game was broke and left. However that one guy just caused me and 2 others to come join a broken session. idk what's going on but one thing is for certain. Quick Play is completely broken and utterly useless. I'm to the point now where I'm about to give up. And when it comes to playing this fun, but utterly broken game, I'll only play when friends want to. The game play is fun but there's so much to be desired and the fact quick play it completely broken just makes this game even shallower than it is. 

Message 1 of 13 (3,255 Views)

Re: Anthem - Quickplay Completely Broken!!

★★★★ Novice

What is amazing is crickets from EA and bioware. Why no response?

Message 2 of 13 (3,186 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue. I tried 9 times to get into a quickplay. Quickplay is what I need for my challenge of Valor, and I cant do them.  Kind of annoyed I cannot complete the challenge...

Anyhow, the same issues posted above. No waypoints, there is an objective to find a freelancer, but no way to find out whee to go. If I fly around I don't get teleported back but there is also nothing spawned into the world to kill like in freeplay. just a big empty world.

Message 3 of 13 (3,138 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

other then the mentioned issues which i have dealt with them all over and over one glitched match after another then you get the forever loading screen that will never load and cant exit from until you restart you comp. 

Message 4 of 13 (3,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried once last night, and wasted an hour just now. I just beat the game, and am at 0-25 for quick play. In all honesty quick play was for what? Incase Anthem had no player base? If you think about it, the only reason a team would need support is because someone lagged out, or quit due to lag. 

I had infinite loop enemies, another with no indication of where to go, also would not start the next mission just nothing, and no where to go. 

Message 5 of 13 (2,848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@DeathDrag0n666 

gotta love the infinite load that makes you reset. I thought it only happened on the loading screen until last night.

I came into one session last night that was at the end. Another guy and I load in, proceed to light the last altar & just as we light it I see a 3rd player was added to our session. End of mission popped up, ok sweet. Nope. Instead it went to a continuous loop with the matchmaking circle. Had to close out App and restart.  

Message 6 of 13 (2,797 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can try for a solid hour trying to get quick play to work with no avail. Every mission i join, the objective never appears but its saying i have to kill this, or search for that. te dialogue never pops, or the host is sitting there unresponsive and people are dropping in and out of the mission. I'm sure I've joined the same bugged mission multiple times. I'm also surprised this isn't resolved by now.. Maybe this was just too big a scale of a project for them. I wouldn't think doing something as simple as quick play would be such a huge problem.. 

Message 7 of 13 (2,554 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same is happening to me I just want to complete challenge of valor I got 14 he's left to complete it but it's just bugged quick play one after another

Message 8 of 13 (2,532 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It is even worse since the latest patch. Tried multiple times today. Not one successful quickplay mission. Very disappointed in EA. Glad i didn't spend extra money on collectors edition!
Message 9 of 13 (2,425 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bad thing is that EA and BioWare aren’t saying anything. It’s not just quickplay either. Had 1 completed quickplay with 19 bugged out ones. On top of that, 1 completable stronghold with 5 broken ones. 

Lets not not forget that you also lose any consumables you had equipped because of it. 

Message 10 of 13 (2,352 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help