Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

by pinct1

Original Post

Re: [Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I do not have any antivirus running on the background.

Message 81 of 148 (1,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah i got the full game on the 14th bcs of premier and I'm experiencing this problem and its super annoying hope it gets fixed still is fun tho. XD last time i played at this low was wheni played fallout 4 if you catch my drift

Message 82 of 148 (1,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Right, here's something that somehow worked for me. After installing Anthem I've had nothing but issues.

For starters, first booting up Anthem gave me BSOD's - stopping to overclock fixed that, because this game, on bootup, would raise my watercooled CPU to 80+ degrees when overclocked.

When I finally got into the game, I started experiencing OP's problems. Game would run fine for 1-2 minutes and then FPS would drop to 7-8, as if my GPU stopped functioning entirely. This would restore itself sometimes for a few minutes, but it just kept happening over and over. Since all my other PC drivers were up to date, I decided to flash my BIOS to the latest drivers. This didn't help much with the issue above either, but I thought I'd mention it here because the next part did and it mightve been related. Also I set up my game to always start as administrator aswell.

Now, while this was happening I noticed my Xbox One controller, connected through bluetooth, would disconnect during these FPS / GPU usage drops - So I decided to connect my controller through USB. Not had any hickups since and I've been able to enjoy the game at last.. So seems like bluetooth was causing issues for me? Bit of a longshot here but I thought I'd report. 

Message 83 of 148 (1,298 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found resolution for my issiue. Problem was latest driviers 19.2.2 on my RX 580. I instaled previous version 19.1.1 and everything is fine, 60 FPS, etc. Maybe NVIDIA Has same problem with newsts drivers.

Thanks for response 😉

Message 84 of 148 (1,288 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@pinct1 wrote:

Hey all,

I've been struggling to get up in FPS while running anthem, even though my PC is above the recommended requirements.

PC Specs:

GTX 1080

i7 7700k

16 GB Ram

I've noticed that while running Anthem, my GPU usage does not go higher than about 30% (according to MSI Afterburner). Changing the setting in the game only gets me a variance of about 5 FPS, so no noticeable changes from that. I've tried messing around in NVIDIA Control panel, like making the power prefer performance. I don't have problems running any other games, like BFV, at 120 FPS on ultra. Any reccomendations are appreciated.

So I have been having the same issue. While others pointed out that my CPU just isn't up to the task of running this game I must say I can run BFV on ultra with zero stuttering or lags but Anthem is using a 100% of my CPU and GPU doesn't go over 30-35 degrees. I tried over locking my memory and core on MSI afterburner and nothing changed. Changed between ultra medium low and the game stutters just the same. If I can run. Almost any game on ultra with 1060 3gb and 16gb ram I don't see how is anthem not able to run. On high settings? I swear this is a server issue and optimalization?

Message 85 of 148 (1,280 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

My CPU seems fine sits around 65% to 70% usage but my GPU never really uses more than 50% no matter what settings i change in game or out of game. 

My specs are GTX980ti 3770k - I can normally run any games on high settings. I get 90 - 120 depending where i am on Destiny. 

Tried everything imaginable apart from a fresh windows install - which shouldn't be necessary as Anthem is the only game i've had with this issue. 

Message 86 of 148 (1,219 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@rrawson wrote:

Alright, so I spent quite a bit of time going through programs one-by-one that were installed on my PC and it looks like the new version of Acronis True Image has an anti-malware scanner that runs by default. When I turned it off I started getting 98% utilization on my GPU and ~120 FPS. It seems very unlikely that every person on this thread has the same software, but turning that scanner off worked for me.

I don't have acronis yet I'm having the CPU issue. How would you explain this.

Message 87 of 148 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This issue is NO WAY related to:

- Services running

- Software running

- Hardware bottlenecks

...and it is not solved.

I got a Facebook message from a Bioware developer whom mentioned that there’s going to be a huge update available on 22nd on my post mentioning this issue.

Will it fix this? No idea.

Will it fix the freeze frame-crash? No idea.

Message 88 of 148 (1,176 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well. The complete disabling of the antivirus and firewall helped me to solve most of the problems with the FPS drops and freezing. ESET NOD 32

Message 89 of 148 (1,316 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Some of use don't have ESET or any other kind of antivirus. So not sure what's causing this.
Message 90 of 148 (1,291 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help