Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

by pinct1

Original Post

Re: [Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

★★★★ Novice
Noticing a lot of people here with 7700k’s and 4770k’s having this issue i have a 1080 and a 7700k and im not tho my cpu is overclocked are you guys running stock might be cpu bottlenecked even over 5ghz im still getting upwards of 80-85% cpu usage so id imagine stock is getting hammered. My gpu utilization is always maxed i just get * framerates drops to 30fps in combat at 1440p and runs mostly 40-60fps
Message 41 of 148 (3,565 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The main problem here is that the GPU isn't being used, mine never toes above 40%. In BFV, where I get 120 frames, my GPU is at max.
Message 42 of 148 (3,561 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What is your cpu usage thats exactly what a bottleneck is high cpu usage and low gpu usage

Message 43 of 148 (3,555 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It's at about 70%
Message 44 of 148 (3,552 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That would be a bottleneck what resolution are you playing at anytime your cpu usage is that much higher your gpu is waiting on commands from the cpu usally uncapping your frame rate or raising the resolution to put the load back on the gpu would be the fix. Like i said i have a 1080 and a 7700k and im getting max gpu usage 

Message 45 of 148 (3,546 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm playing at 1080p, and as far as I know there is no fps cap option in anthems settings
Message 46 of 148 (3,544 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, if changing resolution do not affect fps that mean it's cpu related. I have a ryzen 5 2600 with a r9 fury and fps drops only in missions, plus the game do not support dx12...

Message 47 of 148 (3,509 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Nope, having the same issues like the other guys. Playing on a Ryzen 5 1600 and my GPU is barely utilized (30-40%).

Message 48 of 148 (3,462 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem as others.

Ultra or Low settings = no difference

Display Resolution = no difference

... only getting 20fps

i7-4790K

1080Ti

Message 49 of 148 (3,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same exact issue. 20 FPS regardless of settings ultra/low or resolution.

GPU % never gets above 30%

CPU % never gets about 40%

i7-6850k

1080Ti 

The game is unplayable right now for me. I did NOT have this issue in December during the Alpha but it's been there since the VIP/Open Demo and release. Attached dxdiag.

Message 50 of 148 (3,291 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help