Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

by pinct1

Original Post

Re: [Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

★★★★ Novice

I just noticed something odd.  When in Fullscreen mode, alt-tabbing out shoots the GPU up to 100% utilization, along with a 30% jump in CPU as well.  Wouldn't it be funny if the game was accidentally throttling itself when in focus, instead of when it was backgrounded?

Message 31 of 148 (3,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Jimbud8086 wrote:

I just noticed something odd.  When in Fullscreen mode, alt-tabbing out shoots the GPU up to 100% utilization, along with a 30% jump in CPU as well.  Wouldn't it be funny if the game was accidentally throttling itself when in focus, instead of when it was backgrounded?

Lol would be funny, I know in the beta they had a fullscreens, windowed and borderless window issue for screen resolution etc. Wonder if they screwed something up when trying to fix it.

Message 32 of 148 (3,806 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same for me!

20 FPS maximum.

Asus zephyrus

I7 8th

32 Gb

GTX 1080

Window 10

I suppose we just wait for an update... As always!!

Message 33 of 148 (3,800 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same :/ 

Message 34 of 148 (3,765 Views)

Community Manager

@Rockethowll @pinct1 @Vicitor @Ri0tous @Jimbud8086 

So we can try to find some commonality between your hardware/software, can you guys post your Dxiag reports here so we can take a look, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 35 of 148 (3,721 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here's mine, hope this helps.

Message 36 of 148 (3,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Got he exact same problem with the GPU Usage. Hits barley 50% and CPU seems to be bottleneked because of spikes to 100% Can't get over 20-30 fps in game and get usually 20-24 fps iG.

I had this issues also in VIP Demo and Open Demo, hope they fixed it to the Early Acess or now hopefully to Full Release.

And I have also the odd thing with the 100% GPU Usage when game is in tray. I run it in Full Screen mode.

I play on a 1080p 60 Hz Monitor

Specs:

i7 4770K 3.5 Ghz (not overclocked)

GeForce GTX 1070 TI (Standardclock)

32 GB RAM 1600 MHz

In all my other Games also in BF V which based on the same engine all is running pretty well and I got pretty decent fps.

ANTHEM ist the only game with this issue all other games on my machine work well and properly.

Hope we can find a solution guys or they patch it soon! Standard smile

Also my dxdiag Information attached here.

Message 37 of 148 (3,673 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don't want to spoil a fun for ya, but i've noticed that most ppl having issues with this game are those having Intel CPU with INtel's hyper-threading tech.

Maybe theres the problem?

Im sitting at amd ryzen 2600x no issues. CPU max load at 50-55%.

Gpu sits at 80% stable ~80 fps on ultra 1080p

On somelocations I get like 110. In combat mostly 70 fps

Message 38 of 148 (3,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Seems like a lot of issues with i7s and Nvidia cards.

Having extremely similar issues on the following; 

i7-4770K @ 4.1GHz

16GB DDR3 RAM

RTX2070

Sometimes during missions, the game experiences spikes to 100% CPU or GPU usage at random, though the GPU/CPU are usually not stressed over 60-80% each, resulting in drops to under 50fps (The couple of times I caught CPU specifically spiking, it seemed to be only using physical cores 0 and 2 @ 100%, and only ~1% on core 1 and 3).

Staring through the market from the 'Forge/launch' menu area, there is quite literally 0fps difference between 720p low and 1440p ultra settings; both of which will not push 60fps from that particular angle. From what I can tell, lowering the resolution is just causing the GPU to downclock itself as well as pushing the utilisation down. (~1700MHz @ 720p and ~1900MHz @ 1440p). This is all in fullscreen mode, as windowed either makes no difference or sometimes performs slightly worse. The main hub seems to produce some of the lowest FPS in the game, despite the lack of things that should be stressing the CPU.

Frame pacing in general seems off even when the game's rarely sitting ~90fps. 

DXDiag info attached. Will be able to test the 2070 paired with a 9600k in a week or so, and will report back if these issues are still occurring. Game could be favouring clockspeeds.

Message 39 of 148 (4,194 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Its not hyperthreading, I tried it with it disabled, still the same problem.
Message 40 of 148 (4,186 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help