Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

by pinct1

Original Post

Re: [Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I´m thinking we all have to wait until the 22nd to see if this day 1-patch helps in some of this issues.

Message 111 of 148 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It seems i'm all the opposite of you? gpu usage always 90-100 and cpu usage 45-55. Wondering what's happening with you guys having those issues. Also tarsis for me is fixed 60 fps. Could it be this game is benefitting more from multicore? I have a ryzen  2700x that is 8 core 16 threads. Intel is known to focus on single core preformance, so maybe that is the culprit.

Message 112 of 148 (1,234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Reborn-Berteso That sounds how it SHOULD be. I mean that the GPU usage is constantly 90%+ and CPU usage ...well not 90%+.

We certainly have no idea what is causing it. It is not a single process / service for most of us.

Antivirus side, people should check that they don't have WINDOWS DEFENDER in use either. It also has real-time. I seemed to have it, yet it did not impact the performance.

Message 113 of 148 (1,228 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Artifex28I have windows defender on, and seems not affecting performance in my case

Message 114 of 148 (1,172 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I deactivated Acronis active protection and it instantly solved my problem.

Thx for the tip 

Message 115 of 148 (1,168 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So even after patch I still get this issue... CPU is being killed basically. Disabling Windows Defender did not help. I still get lag and slow loading because of high CPU usage.

And it's the only game that does that. I can play BF5 fine on High/Medium on 60 FPS. Here I get this problem on Low, Medium, Ultra, doesn't matter.

Message 116 of 148 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I still can't play it, having an GE 75 Raider laptop withj RTX 2080, with no Acronis protection or antivirus, I can't have more than 45-50 fps in a mission, with drops until 25 or so, with a very low gpu usage all the time

Message 117 of 148 (933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue here I'm afraid, and I actually have a story behind this.

Earlier I was running a GTX 970 and it actual ran quite well on 1680x1050 medium/high with approx 40-50 fps. GPU utilization with the GTX 970 were fine at around 90-100% all the time (which it should be), and CPU in between 60-80% area. 

Yesterday I upgraded to a RTX 2060 and was hoping for an improvement and to reach a constant 60 fps no matter the situation on the screen. To my surprise, it actually runs worse than my GTX 970. With that said, I do understand that my CPU is a bottleneck in this system, but this is hilarious, and especially as the RTX 2060 is shipped with the Anthem game. Even weirder, the CPU is now being pushed way higher than before and normally ends up in the 80-100% area. GPU utilization is mostly in the 30-50% area in my case with the RTX 2060.

Something is broken here, and I still have the same issue after the patch. I do have the exact same issue no matter the resolution or settings and it's pretty much unplayable. The only solution I see right now is to put back my old GTX 970 again..

Worth mentioning is that all other games runs as excepted with the RTX 2060.

Specs:

i5 3750k @4.4ghz 

16GB PC1600 @1600 mhz

SSD

RTX 2060 with 418.91 drivers

Message 118 of 148 (888 Views)

Re: Low FPS High-End Specs

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone,

I installed the Anthem game before the VIP Demo with Origin Premier. I pre-loaded the Anthem game originally back on January 15th this year. I'm excited to play games by EA BioWare ever since Mass Effect 2 until I got into the Anthem game. I thought this Anthem game would get me back to play something from EA ever since Mass Effect: Andromeda but at the moment I wasted my entire freaking day and night troubleshooting.

I'm experiencing incredible FPS drops and stuttering when idling in Fort Tarsis let alone moving and looking around. This issue gets worse in combat (dropping into single-digit fps using the Storm javelin while hovering). I have a nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 in my gaming rig. I believed this was enough to play this game smoothly on at least high settings. I have uninstalled the Anthem game and installed the Anthem game again, followed the troubleshooting advice here but nothing seems to work. Is anyone experiencing poor performance when trying to play? It seems like something that changed between Anthem 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 on February 20th. Nothing from technical support here now has helped.

• Zotac ZBox EN1080K Magnus 10-Year Anniversary Edition
  • Intel Core i7 7700 @ 3.6GHz
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR 5X
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • 2560x1440 @ 144Hz

30-45 fps while GPU sits on around 50% usage. Changing settings from ultra to lowest doesn't do anything noticeable. Issue worse in combat with 8-9 fps when using the Storm javelin while hovering during freeplay. Unplayable Frown I don't have problems running any other games @ 120 fps on ultra.

Display Settings

• Full Screen Resolution: 2560x1440 @ 144Hz
  • Full Screen Mode: Borderless
  • Vertical Sync: Off

Graphics Settings

• Motion Blur: Off
  • Depth of Field: Off
  • Chromatic Aberration: Off

Advanced Graphics Settings

• Graphics Quality: Custom
  • Anti-Aliasing: Off
  • Ambient Occlusion: Off
  • Texture Quality: Low
  • Texture Filtering: Low
  • Mesh Quality: Low
  • Lighting Quality: Low
  • Effects Quality: Low
  • Post-Processing Quality: Low
  • Terrain Quality: Low
  • Vegetation Quality: Low

Nvidia Control Panel Settings (Step by Step Process)

Right-click on your Windows desktop, then select Nvidia Control Panel

On the right hand side of the panel, select Adjust Image Setting with Preview then select Use My Preference emphasizing, change it to Performance then click Apply

On the right hand side, select Manage 3D Settings

In the main dialog box, select Program Settings which is next to Global Settings

Where it says 1. Select a program to customize click the drop down box and select Anthem (anthem.exe)

Change settings in the box where it says 2. Specify the settings for this program (only mentioning changes made while leaving everything else you can leave as is normal)

• Anisotropic Filtering: Off
  • Antialiasing-FXAA: Off
  • Antialiasing-Mode: Off
  • Maximum Pre-Rendered frames: Use the 3D application setting
  • Monitor Technology: G-Sync
  • Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA): Off
  • OpenGL rendering GPU: Auto-select
  • Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance
  • Preferred Refresh Rate: Highest Available
  • Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimization: On
  • Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias: Allow
  • Texture Filtering - Quality: High Performance
  • Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization: On
  • Threaded Optimization: Auto
  • Vertical Sync: Off

Operating System

• Windows 10 Home 64-bit SP1

Operating System Version

• 10.0.17763 Build 17763.316 (OS Build Version 1809)

CPU

• Intel (R) Core (tm) i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz 36 °C

RAM

• 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 2.4GHz (14-14-14-35 7-49-19-9 2T ; 9-9-9-22 5-36-12-4 1.20V Timing @ 1.2GHz)

Motherboard

• ZOTAC ZBOX-EN1080/1080K 27 °C

Graphics

• ASUS ROG PG279Q (2560x1440@144Hz [native] ; 1600x900@60Hz [in-game])
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR 5X 36 °C

Graphics Driver Version

Graphics BIOS Version

• 86.04.3D.00.0D

Storage

• OWC Mercury Electra 6G SSD (960GB unformatted with 892GB usable) 25 °C

Optical Drives

• None (N/A)

Audio

• nVidia High Definition Audio Device
  • Realtek High Definition Audio Device

Keyboard

• Logitech G910

Pointing Device

• Logitech G602

Any recommendations are appreciated. Any suggestions?

Message 119 of 148 (865 Views)

Re: Low FPS High-End Specs

★★★★ Novice

Try full screen and disable VSYNC. Won’t fix Tarsis likely but rest might be playable.

Message 120 of 148 (854 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help