by pinct1

Original Post

Re: [Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

★★★★ Novice

Here is my DXDIAG

Message 61 of 148 (2,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@rrawson You are a gentleman and a scholar! This fixed my issue!!! I can't believe it was something so off the beaten path that was causing this. I didn't have this issue in Closed Alpha but ever since VIP demo it has plagued me and couldn't figure it out. Thank you so much!
Message 62 of 148 (2,205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't have acronis but I do have this issue. 

Message 63 of 148 (2,200 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@pinct1 @rrawson @EA_Barry Acronis True Image "Active Protection" was causing my issue as well.  Disable by right-clicking the Acronis icon in the notification area of the taskbar, and selecting "Turn off Acronis Active Protection".

@pinct1 Does this fix your issue, too?  If so, @AHQ_Official can we modify the answer for this to be rrawson's post #47?

Thanks!

Message 64 of 148 (2,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Please don't mark this as solved just yet. Many people (myself included) are still having the same issue without using Acronis or any software analogous to it.

Message 65 of 148 (2,186 Views)

★★★★ Novice

THANK YOU FOR THE TIP WITH ACRONIS!!!

That solved the problem for me. Now 60 fps on Ultra constant. So many thanks guys!

I use Acronis True Image 2018.

Message 66 of 148 (2,176 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you man was talking all afternoon with chat support and they couldn't find the problem.

The problem was the Acronis mailware Protection. 

EA must talk with Acronis to fix it asp cause it is not logical to disable mailware to play the game.

Acronis or EA must fix it ASP with a patch.

Message 67 of 148 (2,171 Views)

★ Apprentice
So thankful @rrawson
I just disabled Acronis True Image Active Protection and boom, 80+ fps in Fort Tarsis instead of the 20 fps I was getting.
Message 68 of 148 (2,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have Acronis also and I wasn't having this issue with AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 LQ card.  It is using 98-100% GPU all the time.  I will disable it though and see if I get better FPS, but I wonder if its related to something in NVidia drivers maybe?  That seems to be what you guys all have in common.  

Instead of disabling it have you tried adding folders to excluded list so it might skip scanning them?

Message 69 of 148 (2,463 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ThiccFurryRumps I read through your post and I'm not sure if you are experiencing the exact issue that a lot of us had. The issue that Acronis was causing was drastic under-utilizing of the GPU and CPU (my GPU never got above 20-30% utilization. If you ever had spikes of 100% at any time, or anything over 30-40% I doubt it is the same issue.

Message 70 of 148 (2,463 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help