Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

by pinct1

Original Post

Re: [Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

★★★★ Novice
What do you mean by opacity? In an overlay?
Message 21 of 148 (2,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Could you explain what do you mean exactly with overlay opacity?

Which software? What steps did you take?

Message 22 of 148 (2,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Okay, I did some experimenting.

By disabling ORIGIN Overlay and opening Anthem INTERFACE settings and nudging HUD Opacity down from default 100%, I got the GPU usage upped up to 60-65%.

It's not perfect, but it's definitely BETTER and a step towards right direction. The game runs better.

Message 23 of 148 (2,663 Views)

Re: (Nvidia Users)Possible solution to unstable/Low Fps

★★★★ Novice

Here's where mine is maybe this will help.

Message 24 of 148 (1,878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I do not have that option available at all under "manage 3D settings" on Windows 7 (64bit) with 2080 RTX and latest 418.81 drivers through the nVidia Control Panel.

However, I did find an option for: "Power management mode" -> default was "Optimal Power" --> changed to "maximum performance"

That must have changed on some driver update.

Message 25 of 148 (1,820 Views)

★★★★ Novice
you may have that option while newer cards dont because Maxwell had a hard time with context switching from graphics to compute and back, it was very costly. That was a big deal in that gen when AMD cards could do native async computer with graphics and were so much better at games that used compute like Ashes. Newer Nvidia cards can do context switching much better so they probably dont need to optimize one way or the other.
Message 26 of 148 (1,799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just now noticed I had similar issue with Division 2 beta.

I found a solution that solved the issue for me. Now the GPU usage is what it's supposed to be. 90%+.

1) Open nVidia Control Panel

2) Manage 3D Settings (top left)

3) THREADED OPTIMIZATION --> OFF

Message 27 of 148 (1,794 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Newly released nVidia Video Drivers now support Anthem.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/battlefield-v-metro-exodus-dlss-ray-tracing-game-ready-dri...

TQQdles™

Message 28 of 148 (1,700 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Welp, full release is here and still having the same issues, IDK why I expected it to get better. Would really like some input from someone at EA on this, but IDK if that'll happen.
Message 29 of 148 (2,740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here.  I tested this on 3 PC's, all have 418.91 drivers as of today.  I had the issue in the alpha, gone in the beta and release versions on PC1.  But two others had it in beta and release (didn't try alpha on them).

PC1: 99% GPU utilization, 60-90 FPS on ultra at 3440x1440.  Cutscenes are perfect.

PC2&3: 20-30% GPU utilization, 20-27 FPS.  Even the cutscenes are delayed, with video and audio so far out of sync that the scene video is cut short because the audio finishes 15-20 seconds before video.

PC1:

AMD Threadripper 1950x in Creator mode

GTX 1080 Ti

PC2:

Intel Core i7 4790k stock multiplier

GTX 1080 Ti

PC3:

Intel Core i7 3770k stock multiplier

GTX 1080 Ti

On PC2&3, in Destiny 2 I can get 50-70 FPS with GPU at 95% utilization, max settings at 4k.  It's definitely not the hardware or the drivers/OS, it's Anthem.  When I was testing, I noticed that Anthem would disable video output to the monitor while starting up, even when in Windowed mode.  You really notice when you have this low FPS issue.  It is doing something wrong... I've tried all the usual fixes.  Can't wait for someone to stumble on the remedy.

Message 30 of 148 (2,726 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help