Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

by pinct1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

★★★★ Novice

Hey all,

I've been struggling to get up in FPS while running anthem, even though my PC is above the recommended requirements.

PC Specs:

GTX 1080

i7 7700k

16 GB Ram

I've noticed that while running Anthem, my GPU usage does not go higher than about 30% (according to MSI Afterburner). Changing the setting in the game only gets me a variance of about 5 FPS, so no noticeable changes from that. I've tried messing around in NVIDIA Control panel, like making the power prefer performance. I don't have problems running any other games, like BFV, at 120 FPS on ultra. Any reccomendations are appreciated.

Message 1 of 148 (14,553 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry Thanks for looking into this!

Just to recap, PC1 works great.  Not sure if it's a factor, but the first difference I notice is the DPI.  Nope, just looked at a few others, all 100% for both.

EDIT: Ok, until the answer gets moved to post #47 by @rrawson, here's what is fixing this for some people.

Acronis True Image "Active Protection" is causing an issue.  Disable by right-clicking the Acronis icon in the notification area of the taskbar, and selecting "Turn off Acronis Active Protection".

Based on this, if you don't have Acronis, look into other malware/ransomware protection software you may have.  Try temporarily disabling your antivirus (some of them even have a "game mode" you can enable just while you're playing).

For AMD GPU users, @Rockethowll fixed their low FPS issue by reverting to the 19.1.1 drivers.

View in thread

Message 51 of 148 (14,471 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue, but this is probably because it's just the demo. The final release should have improved performance, but I'm not really sure whether it will be as significant.
Message 2 of 148 (14,540 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same here. 1080ti, 8700k, 16gb ram, m2 nvme ssd - corsair MP500

I change resolution and settings from 4k to 720p, from ultra to low. Noone option gave me any big FPS growing.

Even on 720p - low i get 40 FPS.

Message 3 of 148 (14,517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sry 4 russian, but i think overlay in left upper corner says more than my voice

Message 4 of 148 (14,511 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yea, and from the vid it looks like you have the same problem with GPU usage as well, I guess we'll have to see if they fix it for the open demo.

Message 5 of 148 (14,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So the game is optimized more for ryzen than  intel? because i'm on 2700x, gtx 1080 and 16 gb 3200mhz ram, and never seen anything lower than 60 fps on 1080p all ultra

Message 6 of 148 (14,453 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Looks like they didnt,i have the same issue too
Message 7 of 148 (14,189 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hey there,

I just installed this game and I WAS super excited to play it until I got into the game. I am experiencing incredible FPS drops and stuttering when just moving around town and looking around. This issue gets a lot worse in battle. I have a 1080ti and believed this was sufficient to play this game smoothly on at least high settings. I have uninstalled the game and installed it again, followed the troubleshooting advice from the call I got from EA but nothing seems to work. Is anyone experiencing poor performance when trying to play? Thought this game would get me back to play something from EA but as of the moment I wasted my entire freaking day and nothing from technical support helped. Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 148 (14,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It looks like it literally isn't optimized yet, @milanialez95 check your GPU usage in the game and see what its at, I usually get pretty low FPS and around 20% GPU usage, so if they can get it to use more GPU, frames should go up. It seems like a game problem though not anything we can do.
Message 9 of 148 (14,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Asus Strix Z270E

Intel Core i7 7700k

Asus Strix 1080Ti

16GB DDR4

3440x1440

30-40 fps while GPU sits on around 50% usage.

Changing settings from ultra to lowest doesn't do *.

Unplayable Frown

Message 10 of 148 (14,097 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help