Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

by Jimbud8086

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I found out something weird.

With 4k, my GPU is power limited occasionally with 70% GPU usage in Fort Tarsis.

Message 101 of 148 (1,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, what's happening in Tarsis is definitely the biggest source of whatever's happening.

The market area of the Fort gives me both the lowest fps, and the lowest amount of resource usage. Something in the realm of 30% CPU, 40% GPU and ~40-50fps at times.

Message 102 of 148 (1,367 Views)

Re: Framerate drops when playing in groups, CPU/GPU low usage

★★★★ Novice

So I've done more testing and vsync is broke with this game .

If I turn off vsync I get 97% GPU usage and 70-100 fps. Never drops below 60 . So why can't I get a locked 60 with vsync on?! Turning off in-game vsync and using Nvidia control panel had same effect drops to 50 and 40s with only 60 some % GPU usage. What is going on??? So much testing with vsync off. I can use fast sync bit it's so stuttery it's unplayable. With someone acknowledge this issue? 

Message 103 of 148 (785 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem. 

RX580
Ryzen 3 2200g
16g ram

I played just fine between high and ultra settings hitting between 60-70 fps. I believe I was running 18.12.1 amd drivers during the closed beta, demo, and Friday. I then updated to 19.1.1 and I get no more than 30 fps and stuttering despite the quality settings. I've done clean installs of various versions including 18.12.1 with no difference. 

Message 104 of 148 (1,331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I informed a Bioware dev. with details and screenshots about the issue + link to this forum post as well.

Message 105 of 148 (1,237 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

After reading about the DRM (Denuvo) used in Anthem, I bet it's what caused Acronis Active Protection and other similar apps to have issues with the game.  Perhaps time will tell.

Full Disclosure: I hate DRM and have a strong prejudice against it.

Message 106 of 148 (1,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would love to find out if this is Denuvo  caused.

Message 107 of 148 (1,210 Views)

Low FPS High-End Specs

★★★★ Novice

My specs are

Intel i7-9700k 8 core running at 4.6GHz

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (EVGA)

32GB DDR4 RAM

MSI Z390-A PRO mobo

650W PSU

i'm on a fresh windows install.

no problem with temperature of CPU

playing on ultra 1920x1080

GPU fluctuates between 40-60% usage

CPU fluctuates between 30-80% usage 

So i've been playing this game for a couple of hours now and i find the performance lackluster to say the least, I've talked to a friend with a pc that's worse then mine who gets on average 20 fps more then me.

In tarsus i'm fluctuating between 26-45fps and if i'm in a non crowded area it goes up to 60fps, when im doing free roam activities im hovering around 40fps with drops to 26fps and spikes upto 60.

In normal 4 man missions im only getting about 30 fps with frequent drops going below that.

i would've hoped that i could atleast get a stable 60 with these specs on 1080p but i guess not ?

If u have any insight in what the problem might be please help. 30fps is *

Message 108 of 148 (846 Views)

Re: Low FPS High-End Specs

★★★★ Novice
Try disable your Antivirus or quick scan in real time in this antivirus, it helped for some people.
Message 109 of 148 (803 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im having the same problem and I don't have any antivirus or Acronis Image Protection.

I'm playing in a GE 75 Raider laptop with RTX 2080 and I have alwayslike 37-50 fps, regardless I play on low or ultra, and always a gpu usage about 30-40% max

Message 110 of 148 (964 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help