Re: [Anthem] PC low FPS and GPU usage

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

3770K @ 4.5GHz
RTX 2080
32GB DDR3 1333MHz
Anthem on SSD
Windows 7 64bit

Issue is that both CPU and GPU usage is LOWish, about 40-70%, causing lousy FPS. While the CPU usage ...quite often stays in those ranges while playing, the GPU usage certainly is ~95-100% on other games.

I have tried setting different pre-render frames values from nVidia control panel, but no help there. Apparently some people had help with this on Battlefield, but they were able to open console in the game and set the in-game values to certain values as well.

Changing graphical settings / resolution won't impact this really either. Yes, I have latest nVidia drivers and yes, I have max performance settings from everywhere. Temperatures are good (65-70C). Issue is also present with both VSYNC ON/OFF as well as FPS capping ON/OFF from Rivatuner. Nothing seems to help.

This is the only game I recall having this issue. Other games utilize GPU 100% and run accordingly.

I am forced to tune down details / even resolution to keep the game on reasonable FPS (~60). For some unknown reason the game just is unable to use the GPU/CPU properly?

Message 11 of 148 (2,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

5820K @4.5GHz

1080Ti @2050MHz

32GB 2666MHz DDR4 Ram

SSD

temps 40-60C 

Windows 10 x64

3840x2160 60Hz

I have the same issue here, low gpu/cpu and low fps. 

GPU usage changes on graphical settings a bit, but generally 40-60% max, fps doesn't improve.  CPU is generally 30-50%, no cores max out.  I can't get the fps to improve no matter the settings I change.  It always stays in the 27-34fps range.  I've tried everything I can think of and no improvement.  Even if I change resolution to 1080p and low settings, I get the same fps but gpu usage goes way down.  No issues in other games.  I didn't even have this problem in the closed Alpha.  It all started with the VIP demo for me.

Message 12 of 148 (2,893 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here… i7-3770 @ 4GHz, GTX 1080ti, 16GB, SSD - no matter what I do I get around 20 FPS.  Doesn't matter the preset LOW, MED, HIGH, ULTRA on 3440x1440 or 1920x1080 monitors.  System resources seem to be well below max - CPU around 50%, GPU around 20%.    MANY other demanding games in my library, can run most 60-120FPS on my UltraWide with HIGH/Ultra settings.   Anthem doesn't seem to like Hyperthreading but even without only gain 10FPS.

Pretty bad to release a demo with performance like this... not something I'd buy based on the demo.

Message 13 of 148 (2,886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

im running 4k ultra with 50fps with i9 1080, still im a few versions behind on drivers..

Still In some games I get your exact problem and what solved it for me those times are two main things.

1) video drivers had bugs in them, so a few upgrades later it fixed itself.

2) stupid overlay crap takes fps away, sometimes all of them. ( this been my main issue with games I get low sporadic fps in )

Message 14 of 148 (2,869 Views)

★★ Novice

Kinda strange. I'm using Afterburner for years and it never took any fps from games.

Message 15 of 148 (2,854 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What overlay?

Message 16 of 148 (2,847 Views)

(Nvidia Users)Possible solution to unstable/Low Fps

★★★★ Novice

After a bit of testing i have discovered that turning on the" optimise for compute " option via the nvidia control panel improves fps by a significant margin , went from 40-30 fps in freeplay and a solid 45 fps in fort tarsis to over 60 in both freeplay and the fort .

Message 17 of 148 (1,974 Views)

Re: (Nvidia Users)Possible solution to unstable/Low Fps

★★★ Guide
I don't see this option. Win 10, 1080ti, driver version 417.01
Message 18 of 148 (1,958 Views)

Re: (Nvidia Users)Possible solution to unstable/Low Fps

★★★★ Novice

I get stable 60fps on most parts (sometimes drops to 45)

everything is on ultra

3840x1600

GTX 1080ti

Core i7-6700 4.00Ghz

Message 19 of 148 (1,954 Views)

★★★★ Novice
i turned on only a select few and turned opacity down and OMG jumped 40+ frames on ultra game runs so smooth now wtf?
Message 20 of 148 (2,772 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help