[Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

by NahushBhat

Original Post

Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here, the game is unplayable with the patch, cant even walk in fort tarsis

Message 21 of 260 (18,874 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@NahushBhat wrote:

I am experiencing extreme case of graphics stuttering and constant FPS drops since the last patch 1.0.2. My PC specs are as follows:

It is possible that your CPU is a bottleneck? Not saying that it is in general, but that this games makes it so. See if that is what's causing stutters. And if it is here is a temporary workaround I found for myself until BW comes out with a permanent fix/optimization. I know it involves V-SYNC on. But believe me if the workaround works, you shouldn't see stutters and the FPS should be stable at around 60.

Also, your RAM seems low, at least for this game. If it is too small, Windows will start using your SSD to swap and you will see a lot of Disk activity. For me it is 0% or near 0%. Check if you are good there.

Message 22 of 260 (18,866 Views)

Re: Stuttering all the time Unplayable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@DanyTheGhost wrote:

The game shows 60-70fps but is stuttering all the time making the game unplayable.

I tried every setting currently is on low and it keeps happening, anyone with the same problem?

Any solutions?

Specs(laptop):

Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ Quad-Core, 2.50 GHz

8GB DDR4 2400MHz

HDD 1TB 5400 RPM

NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 Max-Q

Every drive is up to date, so dont know what to do...

Capped CPU will cause this issue. Check your CPU utilization. If it is at 100%. This is most likely the cause. Here is what you might try to do to workaround In this thread you can also find how task manager profile looked like before I applied the workaround. Had gained 30% of CPU with it.

Message 23 of 260 (18,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am also facing the same problem with my machine being close to the minimum age to is running on low

i5-7400
GTX 1050ti
8Gb RAM
Message 24 of 260 (18,794 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ThePuristGamer wrote:
I sincerely apologize for not being more clear. I read enough of these to know better. The steps as follows
AA off
Ambient occlusion HBAO(HBAO full with 20xx cards)
Texture quality high
Veg quality high
Terrain quality high
Effects low
Lighting effects high (ultra with 20xx cards)
Post processing ultra (lower if nessacary)
Mesh quality ultra(lower if nessacary)

I was having a stutter identical to your caused by msi afterburner monitoring software. After closing the software there was a smaller less noticible stutter there that was fixed with these settings. I get 70-90 fps in freeplay and there is rarely a stutter lowest fps i see is low 60 in the worst part of tarsis i call the bazaar where all the merchants are. Happy gaming brother!!!!

I also have a 1060, 3gb. My fps went from 30-45 during most fights to 60-70+ now following your suggestions. Thanks alot.

Message 25 of 260 (18,764 Views)

Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops

★★★ Novice
Yes please... I start playing this game because I liked the 1% and 0.1% fps and now It's horrible
Message 26 of 260 (18,758 Views)

Anthem lagging and Freezing

★ Novice

I keep having lag problem in the expedition missions and sometimes at fort tarsis. And I even tried to turn down the setting and check internet etc. but it will not stop. And a major problem is when I exit the game it freezes every time and i have to restart my pc. Also the game just kicked me out of it recently. Its really sad this is happening because I really enjoy the but I its impossible to enjoy it with this happening.

Message 27 of 260 (18,713 Views)

Re: Anthem lagging and Freezing

★★★★ Guide

@404Defect wrote:

I keep having lag problem in the expedition missions and sometimes at fort tarsis. And I even tried to turn down the setting and check internet etc. but it will not stop. And a major problem is when I exit the game it freezes every time and i have to restart my pc. Also the game just kicked me out of it recently. Its really sad this is happening because I really enjoy the but I its impossible to enjoy it with this happening.

This temporary workaround may help you. Be sure to check if you are experiencing one or more symptoms listed there.

Message 28 of 260 (18,669 Views)

★★ Novice

You sir are a god. You fixed my game 100% with this help. My game was 100% unplayable and now it runs perfect. It is actually insane.

@ThePuristGamer wrote:

Hey buddy i fixed this completly by turning AA off. Turning effects to low and setting texture terrain and veg quality to high....all other settings i kept at ultra. Ambient occlusion is HBAO. Stuttering is almost 100 percent gone even in the most intense areas on freeplay. Anti aliasing in this game is straight broken it doeasnt look bad off but if u dont like it u can go to NVCP and set the texture filtering to high quality to help. I hope this fixes someone issue. I watched your video and its way more extreme then what i was experiencing but Definitly the same thing. Let me know if this solves the problem for you.

Message 29 of 260 (18,318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah, I have the same problem, I have a gtx 1070 and I sound like my game isn´t as bad as yours but still. I bought a game 65 bucks and expect it to be finished. I'm even using the optimal settings according to gforce experience which got me worried at first, I thought maybe my gpu wasn´t working properly because the recommendations on anthems website said that a gtx1060 would work fine. still, I love the game but it's not too fun playing when the screen freezes now and then.

Message 30 of 260 (18,292 Views)