[Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

by NahushBhat

Original Post

Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@HC_Vajolet wrote:
I had 20h in the demos and 50+ hours in the game post launh without any issue, but I encounter the same heavy stuttering now, making the game effectively unplayable.

I had stuttering problem since closed Alpha. But I noticed that the game is taking up at least 10% more CPU (i5 4960K) since last two patches. This may have tipped the scale for you. Try lowering your FPS. Check out here the explanation video if it is applicable.

Message 91 of 260 (1,481 Views)

★★ Novice

Any one tried these steps that i had sugested? Wanted to see if thid might of worked for you as well.

Message 92 of 260 (1,466 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to resolve this issue by changing the resolution on my 4k tv and game settings to 1080 p at 60 hz , then changing the game to bordeless windows. Take off AA . It stills lags a bit but now a went from nit able to play at al to getting 75 fps. I hope this might help someone.

Message 93 of 260 (1,456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

with all due respect, we didnt pay thousands to get a beast pc and bought a game to run it on * graphics just to get good frames when we should be getting fantastic frames for the system we have... 

Message 94 of 260 (1,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm getting the samething on the xbox.

Message 95 of 260 (1,399 Views)

★ Apprentice

Screenshot_1.pngi was getting 28 FPS at this point. 

Message 96 of 260 (1,377 Views)

★ Apprentice

definitely not maxing out my processor or gpu. only explanation bad game engine. 

Message 97 of 260 (1,376 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@kalakin117 wrote:

I'm getting the samething on the xbox.

Wow for real? This is terrible. They couldnt even optimize for a console! Now I wonder if PC will ever be properly optimized and patched. Might as well wait for Anthem 2 at this point.

Message 98 of 260 (1,344 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea... Me too.

I began playing since the 22nd. Played perfectly in ultra settings. Not a single bug. Not a single crash. Not a single glitch.

Today, the 27th, i launch the game... Everything is as usual... but then when i entered Freeplay.... The stuttering was insane. So much so that my game kept crashing back to desktop.

Tomorrow i will try the silly solutions. See if any of it will help. But the question remains:
Why all of a sudden i started having all these issues?

Message 99 of 260 (1,318 Views)

★★★★ Novice

why do not they give us some information about it?
Message 100 of 260 (1,277 Views)