Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

by Llythium

Original Post

Betreff: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

Definitely saw a performance loss since the last patch (yesterday).

i7-9700k

RTX 2080

32 GB RAM

high-end SSD

I play at 1440p and while I was happy to see DLSS finally arrive, the first thing I noticed was the crazy choppiness and large dip in frame rate. I was even seeing it dip into the 30s, which did not happen before the patch (was cruisin above 60 FPS with occasional freeplay dips into the 50s). Now, it seemed like the game was struggling to stay above 60 FPS in most situation and kept dropping into the 50s in most gameplay situations. In patch 1.03, this unoptimized game wouldn't even stay in the 70s, but at least it was mostly playable above 60 FPS, which I consider to be my bare minimum, but now??? I'd be lucky if I could do anything outside of a Stronghold above 60 FPS for more than 2 minutes. It's insane because in Battlefield V & Metro Exodus, I get framerates into the 90s with absolutely everything cranked up to the maximum. Anthem's performance is utterly baffling. Frown

DLSS did not seem to make a difference when I enabled it. While others were complaining that it made the game blurry, I found it to do quite the opposite and actually made things quite sharper and more crisp-looking. But......I did not see one shred of improvement in terms of raw performance (FPS). I know that DLSS needs your card to be under heavy load and I switched it over to my 4k monitor and nope, still no improvement. In fact, the performance was still worse than pre-patch. With DLSS on I was seeing about a +1-2 FPS fluctuation compared to it being off.

Does DLSS have some issues when using multiple monitor set-ups? I have 4 displays connected. 3 at 1440p, and 1 at 4k (if I turn it on). I know that DSR won't work, but I play everything at 1440p anyway, so I don't see the need for it. I'm just shocked that it has made almost no performance improvement for me.

Message 241 of 260 (3,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same thing here, before 1.0.4 it was a butter.... After 1.0.4, in Fort Tarsis it runs 60FPS no stutter, during game play, almost impossible to play , i have here a Core i7 4700k , 32GB , 2x GTX1080 using GForce Experience settings .... Before the 1.0.4 patch , in despite of running in 1080p ( i have 4k monitor ) it was excellent, hope EA fix this as soon as possible, i'm really enjoying the game ...

Message 242 of 260 (3,013 Views)

★★ Novice
Disable SLI entirely from the nvidia control panel. This will fix the stutter.
Message 243 of 260 (2,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here. It's been more than two weeks now (since patch 1.0.3 or the update from 03/15).
Before that, i was playing the game really smootlhy in High quality everywhere. And now, except from loading screens and the forge, FPS drops to 30 and sometimes even lower than that. It's just unplayable and i don't know where it comes from. I tried everything i found on the internet, putting everything to low, change Nvdia settings, but nothing helps...

I've a MSI GE62 7RE Apache Pro - i7 (7th gen) - GTX 1050 Ti - 8 go RAM

Message 244 of 260 (2,793 Views)

★★ Apprentice

OMG exacly my problem maby its the GPU i have MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC, its like me typing the wall of text reading yours same fps give or take and sharper image on DLSS no fps gains at all. 

Message 245 of 260 (2,752 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I got fine play . but yes its fps drop couz I play on 4k Ultra max. I am no idea why ppl keep diging this post up . during server rubberband bad couz ppl packing like fish can on it. 

if its unplayable that will be abit good for me. couz during low people time zone I play fine with no rubber band, even during that time its very traffic jam on internet in my country .

Message 246 of 260 (2,713 Views)

Re: Stuttering all the time Unplayable

★★★ Novice
@iluminatethesky I just installed the latest drivers from Nvidia and most of the problems are gone. I used the GeForce software that lives in my taskbar.

Thank you Nvidia!
Message 247 of 260 (1,980 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@thunderbyrd43,

Thanks for the heads up! 

Glad to hear it's working for you Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★★ Guide

@thunderbyrd43 wrote:
@iluminatetheskyI just installed the latest drivers from Nvidia and most of the problems are gone. I used the GeForce software that lives in my taskbar.

Thank you Nvidia!

I am on this post since April and now We on sep .. Why you digging its up :0 I wonder

even I just return to play it again . Anthem still play fine on my 4K UltraMax setting and I just know its support Hyperthread on cpu too :d

cheer

Message 249 of 260 (1,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not getting drops in frame rate but I am getting a stutter in game, it's especially noticeable in the outside flying sections because the game feels like it's hitching (similar to rubber banding due to latency).  This only occurred after I installed the Asus Armoury Crate software and specifically seems to be caused by the LightingService, if I stop and disable this then the game plays smoothly.

As much as I'd like to do away with Armoury Crate I can't currently as I use it to control the fans for my AIO and Anthem is the only game affected by this.

Specs; 3900X, Crossshair VIII Hero, 2080Ti Strix, 32GB RAM.

Message 250 of 260 (1,885 Views)