Original Post

Betreff: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

★★★★ Novice

News????

Message 231 of 260 (1,995 Views)

Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Lastest Nvidia driver (419.67) from March 25 fixed the stuttering for me! It has Anthem improvements.

I suggest to give it a try, and we have and update coming soon so it may even run better!

Message 232 of 260 (1,937 Views)

Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

★★★★ Novice

I saw today but i didnt upgrade yet... its downloading the att of Anthem right now... after i'll do the nvidia upgrade... ty.

Message 233 of 260 (1,902 Views)

Re: Stuttering all the time Unplayable

★ Novice

x2 1080 ti sli gpu's 9900k cpu  all temps normal after the patch its unplayable i get  60 80 fps and shutter like hell .....i had 0 problems b4 the patch now the game is trash 

Message 234 of 260 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Damn it seems that I have this issue since the 1.0.4 Patch.

Previously I had no stuttering at all and 80-110 FPS. Now my FPS go down to 30 some times and I have stuttering all the time, basically unplayable.

HW Specs: 2x GTX 2080 Ti, i9-9900K, 32 GB of DDR-3200MHZ RAM and a Samsung NVME SSD 860 Pro 1TB.

CPU temps are fine (actually low due to the high performance water cooling system). CPU Usage is 50% in average just as it was always. 

Update: there is no problem in tyrant mine, but the Problem is in FreePlay and most missions since 1.0.4. And there was no Problem before 1.0.4

PS: I'm using the latest NVIDIA Driver but i already downgraded it to the previous version, no change

Message 235 of 260 (1,816 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Had exactly the same issue since launch with a very similar setup. My advice. Just go play something else.

Message 236 of 260 (29,522 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Im the OP of this post. This issue is resolved for me since 2 patches ago. One main reason for impact of FPS was having secondary FPS monitor running in the background, such as RIVATUNER. Also, moving the game onto an SSD really helps with sporadic stutter in between levels.

Message 237 of 260 (1,765 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SSJBallGag69 wrote:

Had exactly the same issue since launch with a very similar setup. My advice. Just go play something else.

Exactly my thoughts. Potentially good game. Very bad publisher. I hope that in time this game will rock, until then I'm off to do better things. From time to time monitoring the patch notes and these performance threads too. Also, in time I might get a better hardware, so the performance issues are no longer apparent.

I had a problem getting my refund, but managed to get it through my CC company. EA had not even had time to respond to the dispute request from them. EA take note. This is not how customers should be treated if you want to have any.

Message 238 of 260 (1,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Changing the Texture-Quality from Ultra to High fixed it for me. Now it feels smooth like before the Patch where it was working with Ultra.

So for Somereason on Ultra i got stutter, mostlikely as things need to reload from the HArddrive.

I feels like under utilization of the Graphics Memory only 5.9GB/11GB are utilized with ULTRA. With HIGH, it's down to 4.5GB/11GB (on the first Card).

The second SLI-Card is max utilized by 40%.

Message 239 of 260 (1,723 Views)

★★ Novice

Disabling SLI completely in the control panel (not just for anthem) fixed the stuttering and lag issue for me. I noticed since this last patch that my second GPU's core clock was maxed where as before it would remain at idle. In the manage program settings tab, sli was set for 1 card for anthem but still did not work. I had to disable SLI completely, now the game is buttery smooth again.

Message 240 of 260 (1,711 Views)