by SSJBallGag69

Original Post

Betreff: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

★★ Novice
BTW: I did not read all 22 pages!
Message 221 of 260 (1,660 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the advice, and it is good general advice for poor performance. Many of us though have upper end mid grade to enthusiast cards. For instance RTX 2060 - RTX 2080Ti  and still can't get good stable frames. These cards should have zero issues with any game made at the moment.

Message 222 of 260 (1,597 Views)

★★ Novice
I think you did not quite understand what I mean. If your hard drive is too slow to process / load the data at all, even the best graphics card in the world will not help you. That's why the laggs, no matter what graphics settings you use, remain the same. It's also no secret that Anthem sets too high system requirements. So if you play a game where you can put everything on ultra and have a maximum of 60 FPS, you will have problems with Anthem on ultra settings. Reducing the resolution also reduces the data to be loaded, giving the hard disk enough time to load. That's all I can say and anyone who has the same problems (as seen in the video) should try my solution to see if the laggs are eliminated. Because then it will probably be due to the (too slow) hard drive. And to reiterate: Simply buying a good graphics card will not guarantee you a fluent game. This requires several components.
Message 223 of 260 (1,580 Views)

★ Apprentice

Actually that is generally incorrect. Games only access disk when loading new levels like when you load the game or enter a new area of a map. Yes that will take longer to load on a HD vs SSD or better. However once loaded it is in memory. As long as you have 16 gigabytes of memory or as much a the recommended settings for a game, the disk speed should not be the cause of any lag. Again for those of us that not only meet but well exceed the recommended levels at the lowest possible settings and at 1080p and still can't play the game at stable settings it has nothing to do with hardware. The big thing I notice that actually helps is setting to borderless window as it gets you about 10 extra fps. Then restart the computer just before playing and that too improves frames. This leads me to believe it is a DRM issue affecting performance. As others have commented, why an online only game that requires account verification to play need DRM to being with is way beyond me.

I absolutely agree that moving to an SSD is a great move. I have seen a 1tb as little as $89 just this week at microcenter.

Message 224 of 260 (1,570 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can a dev acknowledge this issue, because it was working Before the PATCH day one !!!!!!!

Message 225 of 260 (1,567 Views)

★★ Novice
I did not understand that with the 16GB. Are we talking about the hard drive or the RAM?
Unfortunately, I do not have the option to install a new hard drive to see if it is 100% hard drive. In the demo the game worked better with me than with the release. To my knowledge, the vegetation has increased, which explains the higher loading times.

#Googletranslater
Message 226 of 260 (1,559 Views)

★★ Novice
I just want to say that I really have absolutely the same "laggs" as shown in the video. Although playing the game in window mode increases the FPS, which by the way was between 50-60 in the video (so in windowmode then between 60-70FPS) but these "laggs" have nothing to do with the actual FPS.

It's really hard for me to describe this. Imagine the game, with beautiful graphics and 60FPS. You can walk around normally. Suddenly you have a frozen screen for a second. If this were dependent on the graphics card, then usually just the FPS number would decrease and the game feels "slower". For example, from 60 to 30. BUT the FPS number does not change but the picture freezes completely once and then goes on at 60FPS. That tells me that this can not be due to a weak graphics card. I have much weaker parts in my PC and yet I managed to get rid of these laggs. Hope the text is understandable xD.
Message 227 of 260 (1,536 Views)

★★ Novice

I had some serious issues as well just as you guys here. 1080TI + i7... lol

To me it started when I installed the latest Windows 10 patches. Although I had uninstalled both patches the problems stayed. Then I went ahead and reinstalled W10, installed Nvidia 399.24 and didn't install any W10 patch (via Windows update). Now I'm getting 60FPS + on ultra settings. Look at my vids below for PROOF:

BEFORE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB9Zis3WMnk

AFTER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUBXKJyqkxU

Message 228 of 260 (1,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Do you know if there is a way to patch or uninstall the update?  

Message 229 of 260 (1,468 Views)

★★ Novice

Like an earlier post mentioned, it seems that the anti aliasing in the game has some hitches. I only recently got the stuttering fixed by overriding the AA via Nvidia control panel. My machine specs are i5 7300hq, gtx 1050ti, 8gb ram. 

Can't gurantee it'll work for others but it's worth a shot.

I set everything to low and 900p (so that's AA off also) and then in Nvidia control panel i selected FXAA as the anti aliasing and set it to override the application's AA (just for Anthem). Additionally i capped my fps to 30 using Rivatuner just to stabilize things. Stronger machines can maybe cap to 60 or higher.

Hope this helps some. 

Message 230 of 260 (1,247 Views)