Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

by kenpie213

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I put everything on low, turned off AA and turned down the resolution to 1080p... still stuttery with an 8600k and a rtx 2080...
Message 211 of 260 (1,433 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok, you guys need to stop complain about the CPU usage and stuttering, quick play bug, dc bug, loading bug, loot fix and million other problems, what you need now is a new sick armor set, emote, vinyl and the team are working very hark on them now, alright.

Side note: I read and tried a lot off fix, but limit FPS is the only one really working  for me now. Credit to @yesaulTube (sorry I can't find his post, but it's some where in this forum). But I'm using RivaTuner Statistic Server come with MSI Afterburn. 

VSync On work if you have good PC but for my case I need limit FPS lower than 60 so Rivatuner is the way to go.

Message 212 of 260 (1,424 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@JustChaac wrote:

Ok, you guys need to stop complain about the CPU usage and stuttering, quick play bug, dc bug, loading bug, loot fix and million other problems, what you need now is a new sick armor set, emote, vinyl and the team are working very hark on them now, alright.

Side note: I read and tried a lot off fix, but limit FPS is the only one really working  for me now. Credit to @yesaulTube (sorry I can't find his post, but it's some where in this forum). But I'm using RivaTuner Statistic Server come with MSI Afterburn. 

VSync On work if you have good PC but for my case I need limit FPS lower than 60 so Rivatuner is the way to go.

Thanks for the credit. Here is the post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Refreshing-workaround-CPU-is-100-input-lag-loss-of-contro...

Whoever is trying to apply it please read carefully the symptoms. The method doesn't deal with memory shortage, and others.

Message 213 of 260 (1,391 Views)

★ Apprentice

Up... Paid for nothing with his game...

Message 214 of 260 (1,359 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I've been dealing with similar stuttering and FPS flops, and the fix i found hasn't been listed so i have to put it here. my issue was not video based, i had to turn off control features like mouse slowing near the edges and other mouse tracking options. My FPS hasn't fallen below 50 in more than an hour.

Message 215 of 260 (1,228 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem installed it yesterday and its really stuttering i have a rtx 2060 and ryzen 5 1600x processor.

Message 216 of 260 (1,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Check your CPU load and memory. One of these two found to be most likely the offender in this game. For the strained CPU, you could try this method: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Refreshing-workaround-CPU-is-100-input-lag-loss-of-contro... Your CPU is about the same level as mine i5 4690K. Cap the FPS at 40-45. Then it should be comfortable to play. If you are lacking RAM, consider adding more memory (granted that you already have your Windows paging file on an SSD).

Disclaimer: I no longer play this game, so the method may not work as it has been.

Message 217 of 260 (1,019 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've already grown sick of the issues and uninstalled the game. Don't have time for this in my life.

Message 218 of 260 (1,016 Views)

★ Guide

Same with me. I got i7 4770k, 24 gb ram, rtx 2060. No matter what settings I use I get fps drops and stuttering. Bioware never knew how to optimize games and this frostbite is just for battlefield games. I think that they cant do anything to fix fps issues with this game.

Message 219 of 260 (998 Views)

Betreff: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

★★ Novice

Hey guys!
It looks like maybe I found a solution / cause but you probably will not like it. My PC is pretty bad but I have 60 FPS, if there were not these laggs.

Set your resolution to the lowest setting you can set.
Should you then have no more problems, you can increase your resolution
in small steps until you reach the limit.

For NVIDIA users:

If you do not have NVIDIA GeForce Experience, download this and open it.
You can optimize your game there. Compare both graphics settings (your own and the recommended ones) and
accept everything - or just the lower recommended settings.

My PC does not meet the minimum requirements and yet, even if the game looks pretty bad,
I can play smoothly.
I am sorry but this seems to be the only way to solve this problem.
I think it is due to a weak / slow hard drive. That's why you should install this game on a newer SSD.

Let me know if it helped you. Bye.

Message 220 of 260 (985 Views)